Home > Discussion Groups > 1/48 Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Allied Power Gaso-Line RAM Badger WIP

May 30 2009 at 7:02 AM
  (Login Frankkeast)
Missing-Lynx members

Hello Everyone, here are some pictures of my RAM. My camera is not the best and I'll have to wait for my brother with his SLR for the final pics.

I airbrushed Tamiya Hull Red as a base then Khaki Drab. I did some shading with the airbrush using Olive Drab. For filters I used greys, tans and browns except on the plate covering the turret ring. I wanted it to look brighter and newer than the rest of the RAM so I used mainly greens. I have streaked the hull with oils before and between the filters. I've kept the chipping to a minimum on the hull. The obvious exception to this is the prominent rust where the infantry would have mounted the side in the RAM's previous role. I have hand painted unit markings based on drawings of a Badger serving with 5th Canadian Armoured Division.

I'm a newbie so I cannot be sure if what I have done is in balance. All advice is welcome. I have some areas to finish before weathering with pigments which will be kept to the minimum on the upper hull. The tracks and bogies I will have quite muddy as this vehicule would have served in the winter of 44-45.

Keep your own pics coming!

Frank

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Allied Power Gaso-Line RAM Badger WIP
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse