Home > Discussion Groups > 1/48 Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Allied Power – Not a Sherman

June 19 2009 at 12:34 AM
  (Login kidsbday7)
Missing-Lynx members

Hi,

Here is a partially finished KV-1E (Tamiya). I am starting to understand some of the painting and weathering techniques a bit better, but still very limited skill in applying these. Needs a lot of work. This is my first Russian subject and 4th model overall.

Ever since I saw Spencer Pollards JS-2, I wanted to do a Russian subject. That model is one of my favorites of all time. Also love the Russian subjects like Kristof Pulinckxs excellent KV-2, Dmitry Kiyatkins wonderful SU-100, Rick Lawlers beautiful T-34. I looked at these often when I was trying to paint this one. (Thanks guys for those wonderful pieces of inspiration.)

Not satisfied with this so I would welcome any suggestions/criticisms. I often read articles when the modelers talk about tying it all together towards the end, but I dont fully comprehend what this means. Any of you authors out there have some suggestions I would welcome them.

Ill see if I can complete one figure for this before the deadline and incorporate any suggestions you might have.

Phil
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login domingohm)
Missing-Lynx members

Cool

June 19 2009, 3:54 AM 

Cool subject,

I like all the tonal variations, and the complements, very nice work but it needs a base and some life, maybe a figure?.

Cheers.

Respond to this message   

(Login xavi_ruiz)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Allied Power – Not a Sherman

June 19 2009, 4:32 AM 

hi

The very nice KV, great work

Xavier

Respond to this message   

(Login cmtlu)
MODERATORS ONLY - 1/48 Scale

Your best so far.....

June 19 2009, 4:57 AM 

Phill,

I like that KV very much, but I am VERY impressed with your evolution after one year, because you are improving the finishes model by model clearly which proves you are one very good pupil (you picked good inspiration wink.gif) and one emerging talented painter too. You are on the way and this model proves it so.

As for suggestions, I believe the only thing your model needs is a final touch of dust on level surfaces following the nice dust deposists you made on the front plates. Do not hesitate to add more colour contrast on the weathering, although one always fear to overdo that does not happen usually, believe me. happy.gif

Well done amigo.
Lu

PS: Check your inbox. wink.gif

Respond to this message   

(Login theduke2sg)
Missing-Lynx members

Nice One!

June 19 2009, 5:27 AM 

That is one of the best KV I have seen. Congrats.

The Duke
------------------
Talk Less, Build More
http://tinyworldofcalvingoh.blogspot.com/

Respond to this message   
Arnaud Brejon
(Login arbrej)
Missing-Lynx members

Nice job Phil!

June 19 2009, 8:41 AM 

I particulary love your front plate effects.Now we will look at YOUR KV1 for inspiration!
Arnaud.

Respond to this message   

(Login L.Richter)
Missing-Lynx members

Phillip

June 19 2009, 8:52 AM 

great work!! Looks amazing. Especially I like the tracks..very cool work!

Cheers
Lars

Respond to this message   

(Login GregHessig)
Missing-Lynx members

Most impressive KV

June 19 2009, 10:01 AM 

Hi Phillip. This is the best KV I've seen. I have that JS-2 article by Spence too and you've nailed the extra gear. The torn fender looks realistic. I would add a hint of dust into the cracks on the fenders, and a tiny touch of dust here or there around some hatches but not much at all. Also, maybe the Graphite pencil on some of those track teeth. It looks fantastic already. Cheers, Greg

Respond to this message   

(Login Erik-Helm)
Missing-Lynx members

Wow Phil,

June 19 2009, 1:00 PM 

that's really a great model. Fantastic game of colour and effects. I specially love this rusty things all around or the damaged front fenders. Fine work and a great eye for details.

cheers Erik

Respond to this message   

(Login spencer2)
Missing-Lynx members

Very Nice...

June 19 2009, 5:16 PM 

Now that's gorgeous! What a finish - if I didn't know better I'd think that that was 1/35..!

Stunning and no mistake. happy.gif

Spence

Respond to this message   

(Login pjpanzer)
MODERATORS ONLY - 1/48 Scale

Am I impressed........?

June 19 2009, 6:28 PM 

.....Y E S ! ! ! ! ! ! !!!!!!!

Philip, this gorgeous model is easily your best model to date!

My hat is waayyyyy off to you, my friend.

Cheers, Pat

Respond to this message   

(Login javiersoler)
Missing-Lynx members

very nice

June 20 2009, 6:37 PM 

Very good details. Congrat!

Respond to this message   

(Login kidsbday7)
Missing-Lynx members

Very Much Appreciated

June 21 2009, 9:04 PM 

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to look and comment. I appreciate it.

Domingo - Thanks for taking the time to comment. I cant wait to see your finished base. I have a lot to learn from you. I will try to add a figure, but wont have time for a base.

Xavier Thank you for the comments. Your Firefly project is very nice. No Shermans for me yet - too intimidated.

Lu You are the master. Thanks for your suggestions and teaching. I have a lot to learn from you.

Calvin Thanks for your comments. I am really impressed with your latest models and how quickly you produce them.

Arnaud You rock man. Your latest model is one of the coolest 1/48 things I have seen. Thanks for your comments.

Lars I didnt mention it, but your T-34 was referenced heavily when I was working on this also. Keep going with the 1/48 items please. (P.S. Your Panther is one of my all time favorite 1/48 models). Thanks for your comments.

Greg I will do what you suggest, but am very nervous I will over do it. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Erik Thank you for the comments. I am glad you are doing things in 1/48.

Spencer You are a god and one of my favorite modelers. Enough said. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please consider a detailed SBS on your Boredom project. I cant even comprehend how you do that. We need more articles on how to produce fine detailing work.

Pat What can I say. You and Lu are the main reason I build in 1/48. I have a lot to learn from you. The things you produce look way better to me than things done in 1/35. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I am glad you liked it.

Javier Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your White panther is going to be something special. The M8 is awesome.

Thanks again to everyone.

Phil

Respond to this message   

(Login SvenFrisch)
Missing-Lynx members

Sorry for beeing late...

June 22 2009, 5:10 AM 

Fantastic work ! I am really impressed of your latest efforts.

What a beast ! That's how I like them
Congratulations
Sven

Respond to this message   

(Login kidsbday7)
Missing-Lynx members

Sven

June 24 2009, 8:38 AM 

Sven,

Glad to see you around here and I appreciate your comments. I learned a lot by reading your articles so I thank you for that. There will be more to come from me in the future, please say tuned.

Phil

Respond to this message   

(Login jl_models)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Allied Power – Not a Sherman

June 22 2009, 6:40 AM 

...... woowwwww!!!

Sorry for my late reply ... but I´m really impressed with that KV!!. Nice painting and SUPERB weathering.

Congratulations

Respond to this message   

(Login kidsbday7)
Missing-Lynx members

Jose

June 24 2009, 8:40 AM 

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to comment. I have some fixing up to do on it with more subtle effects thanks to the suggestions from the community above. I really like the wet effects you are using on your Firefly above. Keep up the good work.

Phil

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Allied Power – Not a Sherman
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse