Home > Discussion Groups > 1/48 Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Pacific GB ---> Type 91 Broad Gauge Railroad Tractor --->camouflage question, please

November 2 2009 at 1:07 PM
  (Login drhilton)
Missing-Lynx members

Gentlemen:

I'm building a 1/48 Gaso.line Type 91 Broad Gauge Railroad Tractor for the 1/48 forum Pacific GB and need some advice in painting it.
I'm workin in a small vignette:
[linked image]

After searching the web, I found some interesting photos and choose this one as reference: [linked image]

Made some small modifications in the front and in the rear to match the reference photo: [linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

And now I'm about to start painting it (3 color camouflage) and have some questions:

--> Soft or hard borders?
--> What color should be the base color?
--> correct mix for Tamyia acrilics?

Tank you very much!

Hilton Oliveira

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login kidsbday7)
Missing-Lynx members

Love this

November 2 2009, 1:15 PM 

Hilton,

I can't tell you what colors etc. to use, but wanted to tell you that this scene looks to be very unique.

You definately have an eye for creating little scenes.

Love it so far.

Phil

Respond to this message   

(Login Erik-Helm)
Missing-Lynx members

Couldn't say....

November 2 2009, 4:21 PM 

what is the right way for camo and colours. But sure is, I want to see it painted happy.gif
Very cool subject, great choice Hilton.

cheers Erik

Respond to this message   

(Login Erik-Helm)
Missing-Lynx members

Couldn't say....

November 2 2009, 4:22 PM 

what is the right way for camo and colours. But sure is, I want to see it painted happy.gif
Very cool subject, great choice Hilton.

cheers Erik

Respond to this message   

(Login Rathgeb)
Missing-Lynx members

WOW!... and some help.

November 3 2009, 7:26 AM 

Hi Hilton!

Wow, that's just great! I love the work you did to this one. Also the diorama start is wonderful!

For the colours (hardedged, I think), have a look at this link. The mixes, I'm afraid, are only in Humbrols. Maybe you have a conversion chart? Anyway, in the dusty plains of China, I suppose most of the Tractor will be... well... dusty. happy.gif

http://matadormodels.co.uk/tank_museum/xcamo_ww2japan.htm

As for the camo scheme, I will send you by mail a rather good profile, as well as a couple of pics you possibly have not found on the net.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this beauty!

Cheers,
Peter

Respond to this message   

(Login drhilton)
Missing-Lynx members

Tank you, Peter!

November 3 2009, 8:36 AM 

I'm finishing a model for Hanomania by now, later this week I will paint the "So-Mo".
As I understood in the article linked in your post, it will be dark green overall, with brown and sand, hard edges.
Please send me the e-mail with some more info.
Tanks a lot, Hilton.

Respond to this message   

(Login cmtlu)
MODERATORS ONLY - 1/48 Scale

That is a winner!

November 3 2009, 11:11 AM 

Hilton,

Excellent work ont he So-Mo so far! You well know I love the subject and how you are going to display it, so please do nto makes us wait so long for the paintwork, okay? because this one is one very promising entry for the Pacific GB in my opinion.

Great litte scene amigo.
Lu

Respond to this message   

(Login domingohm)
Missing-Lynx members

Great model Mr Hilton

November 3 2009, 4:52 PM 

You have done a great work here. This must be a winner that like Lu said.

I expect with interest your finished touch

cheers

Respond to this message   

(Login xavi_ruiz)
Missing-Lynx members

paint :-)

November 3 2009, 6:39 PM 

hey Hilton

good show, I want to see it finished wink.gif
I love the model.

xavier

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Pacific GB ---> Type 91 Broad Gauge Railroad Tractor --->camouflage question, please
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse