Home > Discussion Groups > 1/48 Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Tiger I almost finished

November 7 2009 at 11:50 PM

Jared Taylor  (Login natique18)
Missing-Lynx members

I must admit I thought I was done untill looking at the pictures. I am still looking for a figure, and the bow machine gun needs to be added.
There needs to be some stowage or helmets or something else. I am wore out on this build but I am also quite pleased. There are alot of well trained eyes on this forum whos opinions I respect greatly and would love comments and suggestions. I know there are some things I am missing but at this point I am stumped.

Here is where we were when we met last:

[linked image]

The almost finished prodcut:

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

By the way I am just learning how to use some of the photo editing software. - Jared

This message has been edited by natique18 on Nov 7, 2009 11:53 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Erik Helm
(Login Erik-Helm)
Missing-Lynx members

Cool work,

November 8 2009, 4:45 AM 

that's a good worn tiger, looks that he have seen a lot.
Nice model, goods work.

cheers Erik

Respond to this message   

Jared Taylor
(Login natique18)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks Erik n/t

November 8 2009, 5:14 PM 

nt

Respond to this message   
Sven Frisch
(Login SvenFrisch)
Missing-Lynx members

Wow !

November 8 2009, 4:55 AM 

You surprised me with this one Jared

Great great work

You sure got talent ! Congrats
Sven

Respond to this message   

Jared Taylor
(Login natique18)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks Sven..

November 8 2009, 4:32 PM 

For your kind words. Your tiger over at Track 48 was a real insperation for me also I used your paint ratios for my red brown and dark yellow. - Jared

Respond to this message   
David Byrden
(Login DavidByrden)
Missing-Lynx members

Well, for accuracy's sake...

November 8 2009, 4:58 AM 

...that diamond thing on the back wall should be vertical.

[linked image]

http://tiger1.info/EN/StarterAdapterPosts.html

Respond to this message   

Jared Taylor
(Login natique18)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks David,..

November 8 2009, 4:37 PM 

Thats the starter right? I am usually modeling those winged thingys, so sufice it to say my time in researching my AFV models is a little sub par. I am not sure I will attempt to fix it now, but since I have been put on notice I might have to happy.gif - Jared

Respond to this message   
Greg Hessig
(Login GregHessig)
Missing-Lynx members

For me the tow cables could rest differently as in this pic...

November 8 2009, 10:29 AM 

maybe. They are heavy and seem unnatural to be pointing up. It looks like you have some good contrast of colors in your mud. Maybe a very little amount of dust to add around the turret hatches for more contrast. I think you've done a awesome job with it! Congrats on a well done Tiger. Greg

[linked image]
more equipment ideas happy.gif

more pics in the gallery here

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=cs&u=http://www.panzernet.net/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dpanzernet.net%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den-us

This message has been edited by GregHessig on Nov 8, 2009 10:32 AM

Respond to this message   

Jared Taylor
(Login natique18)
Missing-Lynx members

Hi Greg thanks for the comments

November 8 2009, 5:02 PM 

Those tow cables turned out to be quite a bear if you can believe that. When I pushed or pulled at one end they always seemed to move around or shift in an unexpected place at the other end. Or they would get tangled some place. I have tried to get the cables to rest appropriately with weighted look, but it just does not want to cooperate. If you look close at the picture from the rear, the tow hook on the left is broken! That is on my to-do list. Fortunately I have an old kit I can rob one from.
I think the cables much like the "diamond thingy" might be caulked up to a learning experience and move on. There are still a few things left to do so I might give it a go after I have been able to step back and have a second look at this thing.
I do think you are right about dusting up the turret a bit. After your comments and then looking at the pictures I think I will add just a bit more. - Jared

This message has been edited by natique18 on Nov 8, 2009 5:17 PM

Respond to this message   
Pat Johnston
(Login pjpanzer)
MODERATORS ONLY - 1/48 Scale

My Humble Opinion, Jared........

November 8 2009, 12:07 PM 

Awesome awesome AWESOME Tiger, Jared.

Aside from the "non-vertical diamond thing" (haha), this is perhaps one of the finest 1/48 Tigers I have seen yet. I am very impressed by your talent, my friend.

The dirt/mud colors on the wheels & suspension is just beautiful too.

My hat is off, Jared. Where have you been hiding? I want to see more of your work, Mate!

Cheers, from a VERY impressed, Pat

Respond to this message   

Jared Taylor
(Login natique18)
Missing-Lynx members

Cheers Pat..

November 8 2009, 5:13 PM 

A very kind note from you too. The road wheels and suspension work turned out to be a lot of fun and quite the learning experience. This was my second attempt at a heavily muddied up AFV after lots of pointers and constructive critique from the fine gents here.
Pat, I am usually lurking around over at hyperscale. Check the plastic pic forum later tonight. You can see what I am usually up to.
By the way you are quickly becoming the king of shearmans! I cant wait to see your hessian netted sherman with some paint on it! - Jared

Respond to this message   
Lars Richter
(Login L.Richter)
Missing-Lynx members

Cool Cool Cool

November 9 2009, 2:59 AM 

Hi Jared,

Cool camo,
Cool and clean build,
Cool weathering effects!

Very well done!

Cheers
Lars

Respond to this message   

Luciano Rodriguez
(Login cmtlu)
MODERATORS ONLY - 1/48 Scale

Be satisfied!

November 9 2009, 9:02 AM 

Jared,

I also second the model looks very good, even more taking in consideration your efforts in the making and the mentioned lack(???) of experience in AFV modelling, but that is your opinion only because I would not say it so by seeing the result... happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif

I admire your good taste on the dark yellow / red brown camo scheme because you cannot see that combination on a Tiger often and they are very beautiful indeed, but on top of everything I like very much you ended making up one A/B sides model actually, because -in my opinion- the model offers two different images depending on the side you look at (with/without side fenders). A very clever way to exploit one model visually, well done.

Lu

PS: As for the diamond thing, David is one true Tiger speciallist so better is to listen his recomendations on time. wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Domingo Hernández
(Login domingohm)
Missing-Lynx members

very nice camo, congratulations N/T

November 9 2009, 2:26 PM 

Respond to this message   

Xavier Ruiz
(Login xavi_ruiz)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Tiger I almost finished

November 11 2009, 4:42 PM 

hi Jared

finally a great job with him Tiger, I love the camo and mud.

greetings
Xavier

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse