Home > Discussion Groups > 1/48 Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Vor dem Sturm

December 14 2010 at 3:30 AM

(Login Steffen_Arndt)
Missing-Lynx members

Hi all

as a follow up to my question below here are some pix of the finished vignette. Lighting conditions are not perfect but good enough to take some pix. These are not altered, just cut and scaled. I still need to touch up a few spots but generally it is done. Skybow Tiger I early, Armor Modelling 8/2005 Wittmann crew, Hauler screens, Master barrel. Decals from Bison and some others to make 1331.

Again many thanks for all the help and support! Especially Allan for the teddy bear hint!

TigerI_frueh_04.jpg

TigerI_frueh_05.jpg

TigerI_frueh_06.jpg

TigerI_frueh_07.jpg

TigerI_frueh_08.jpg

all the best

Steffen

IPMSBanner.jpg

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login didiumus)
Missing-Lynx members

Great job! Some suggestions?

December 14 2010, 11:34 AM 

Steffan,

Nice, nice work. I like the base a lot - I think it looks great. In the spirit of constructive criticism, I would make the following suggestions:

A) Dull coat the clothing on your figures, clothing is too shiny and it detracts (my eyes) from your good work.
B) Tone down the rust/weathering on the exhaust shrouds as it is inconsistent with the rest of the model. It almost looks like someone put the shrouds on from another tank onto a "newer vehicle." Many modelers over-weather Tigers - I think yours' looks good.
C) Is there a way to use some super glue to lock down the tracks - they need a bit more "Gravity" or "sag" coming off of the drive sprockets.

Once again, please don't let my comments detract from your work - excellent. I will use your work as inspiration on some future 1/48 Tigers I have in my future.

Thanks!

Scott Gentry

Respond to this message   

(Login Steffen_Arndt)
Missing-Lynx members

Thank you, and ..

December 14 2010, 11:56 AM 

Hi Scott

many thanks for your comments

A) Dull coat the clothing on your figures, clothing is too shiny and it detracts (my eyes) from your good work.

The uniforms are flat, but they are smoth and thus do have some reflections. You only can avoid this but roughing it up, but this has sever downsides for the over all appearance of the guys. These pictures are already ex-changed after I got the same hint over on HS PP I sprayed on a thin coat of Gunze clear flat (new formula, not thinned) ... but nothing changed on the new pix.

B) Tone down the rust/weathering on the exhaust shrouds as it is inconsistent with the rest of the model. It almost looks like someone put the shrouds on from another tank onto a "newer vehicle." Many modelers over-weather Tigers - I think yours' looks good.

I'll check that, but have you seen a new exhaust after a few kms of use ... this is not really rust but heat staining. But as I wrote: I will check refs!

C) Is there a way to use some super glue to lock down the tracks - they need a bit more "Gravity" or "sag" coming off of the drive sprockets.

I am not sure what you mean. One side cannot be see due to the corn and the other is down on the road wheels ... there is not much more sag to add except breaking wheels? If you can, borrow the pic in questions and paint a bit on it to show my fault! BTW it is the AFV plastic track and thus some glue can fix things!

Again many thanks!

all the best

Steffen

IPMSBanner.jpg

Respond to this message   

(Login domingohm)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Vor dem Sturm

December 15 2010, 3:23 AM 

Hi,

It's hard to see a scene complete, but is a very good work with some details.

Congrats for that effort.

Domin

Respond to this message   

(Login Steffen_Arndt)
Missing-Lynx members

Thank you Domingo!

December 15 2010, 3:51 AM 

I know there is always room for improvement, but I am satisfied with the model, the figs are o.k. and the overall scene is exactly like I wanted it, which is very rare for me (in most cases I find something that I do not like).

So I am very happy happy.gif

Working on my 2nd scene with the Puma at the moment, I just need the cobblestone road I ordered earlier this week to complete it. Hope it arrives here before I go on X-mas vacation.

all the best

Steffen

IPMSBanner.jpg

Respond to this message   

(Login jl_models)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Vor dem Sturm

December 19 2010, 1:35 PM 

Nice looking scene ... and nice corn field! happy.gif

Respond to this message   

(Login Steffen_Arndt)
Missing-Lynx members

Thank you and

December 19 2010, 3:33 PM 

yes it is. As posted above it turned out very good (IMHO).

all the best

Steffen

IPMSBanner.jpg

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Vor dem Sturm
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse