Home > Discussion Groups > 1/48 Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Tamiya GB ---> Hetzer weathering

May 16 2012 at 5:26 PM
Charles Kelley  (Login chaz_kelley)
Missing-Lynx members

Gentlemen,

Here is progress so far with the ninja turtle. This turned into quite the expensive little kit as I ended up having so much fun with it that I could not help but to visit every LHS in the area to scour their shelves for paints and supplies. In addition, I purchased a compressor and went to michaels a few times and even ended up with a giant box of plaster of paris for the mud effects..

Luckily I will be moving to the area I am currently in very shortly and have arranged to have all these new items (99% duplicates of stuff I have at home...can never have too much paints, right?) stored here temporarily. I am sure TSA would have loved solvents, paints, a compressor and a bunch of other crap in my checked bag... happy.gif

Some detail items remain to be picked out and painted. I plan on adding some stowage (helmets etc) to break up the overall color schemes of yellows and browns. Apologies for the outdoors pictures. I had a very hard time managing to photograph this thing with the very limited light sources in the hotel.

As I will be quite busy over the next couple of weeks I will have a very limited time available to continue on this model or any other for that matter. My hopes however are that towards the tail end of the GB timeline I will have finished this guy, and hopefully that JS 2 you guys saw in the background in my initial post. By then I will have a little photo booth set up as well and perhaps I may have the privilege to share with you all some decent photos of my stuff for a change happy.gif

I want to say thank you to all fellow modellers that have contributed to the GB so far. Some fantastic stuff that has been very inspiring. I wish I had time to respond to each and every one of the the great models I see here.

Lastly ( I know you are thinking.., shut up and show me the pictures already..) If anyone is from the South Florida or ideally Miami proper area and has the low down on the modeling community around here, let me know!

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Thank you,
Charles

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Alvaro Rodriguez
(Login CMT_Alvaro)
Missing-Lynx members

Modelling express! :)

May 16 2012, 5:50 PM 

Hi Charles!

That´s a speedy turtle! happy.gif

You are my hero! I can´t believe what you have done while on the move. You have no limits!

Regards!
Alvaro Rodriguez

Respond to this message   

Luciano Rodriguez
(Login cmtlu)
MODERATORS ONLY - 1/48 Scale

Turbo nija turtle....

May 17 2012, 4:19 AM 

Charles,

Ahhh... good to know the turtle is not finished yet, because I would say it is already. happy.gif

Good work, specially after knowing a bit of your extreme modelling conditions. Hats off to you for the bveautiful model and for leading the Tamiya GB. We follow you! wink.gif

Lu

http://www.onefortyeight.com

Respond to this message   
Jose Luis Lopez
(Login jl_models)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Tamiya GB ---> Hetzer weathering

May 17 2012, 5:58 AM 

Great finish and beautiful weathering!

Respond to this message   
Greg Hessig
(Login GregHessig)
Missing-Lynx members

Nice weathering effects on that spiffy camo. nt

May 17 2012, 10:05 AM 

happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Charles Kelley
(Login chaz_kelley)
Missing-Lynx members

many thanks!

May 17 2012, 12:17 PM 

Thank you all very much for your kind words. Like i said before this DG has some amazing talent and i learn from every model i see here.

Respond to this message   

Paul McMahon
(Login Paul_McMahon)
Missing-Lynx members

Where ever I park my Panzerjager....

May 17 2012, 5:16 PM 

thats my home.... or so the song should go happy.gif

Great work Charles happy.gif

Best

Paul

Respond to this message   

Diego Quijano
(Login dquiro)
Missing-Lynx members

Nice weathering indeed.

May 18 2012, 5:55 AM 

Love those wheels!
Regards, Charles.

Q

http://dqscaleworks.blogspot.com/
Banner-1-copia-1.jpg

Respond to this message   
Jose Manuel Moreno
(Login inkisi)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Tamiya GB ---> Hetzer weathering

May 18 2012, 12:10 PM 

Hi Chaz,

You have it almost done!!

I like the contrast of the weathering over the yellow paint.

Best,
Jose

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse