Home > Discussion Groups > 1/48 Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Tamiya GB; Cromwell Vl.

June 13 2012 at 12:17 PM
  (Login Bullbasket)
Missing-Lynx members

When I started this, I was going to go the whole hog and use etched brass etc. But it would never have been finished before August. So it's mainly OOTB with some added resin and replacement gun using two different thickness' of sprue, and a replacement drivers hatch.
Hopefully, it will be painted this weekend (household authority permitting).

Regards,

John.

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Les_J99)
Missing-Lynx members

Thats nice John.

June 13 2012, 6:16 PM 

I've been wanting to do a late-war Cromwell 95mm CS and was hoping RB would do a suitable barrel in metal for it.

How did you go about making your new gun barrel?

Looks like it'll be a nice one when its done, a bit different too.

Regards.

Les/J99 ex-Jackal Squadron Webmaster

Respond to this message   

(Login Bullbasket)
Missing-Lynx members

Hi Les.

June 14 2012, 12:24 PM 

I've got Tamiya's 1/35th Centaur, so I just scale the gun down using two thickness' of sprue. The barrel is approximately 16mm long by 2.75mm diameter, and the forward part is 6.75mm long by 4mm diameter with the bottom filed flat. It may not be totally accurate, but to me it looks the part (and it's the only way).

Regards,

John.

Respond to this message   

(Login Les_J99)
Missing-Lynx members

Close enough for gov't work John.

June 14 2012, 12:45 PM 

Thanks for that info, from what I've read the 95mm was a mod on the old 3" gun and had a straight barrel, no taper?

I'm trying to source some plans of the 95mm Centaur from the Tank Museum at Bovington but I haven't been able to just yet.

Again, thanks for that, I'll have a look at making a barrel from tube and scrap.

Regards.

Les/J99 ex-Jackal Squadron Webmaster

Respond to this message   

(Login Bullbasket)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Close enough for gov't work John.

June 14 2012, 1:49 PM 

If you can get your hands on the Wydawnictwo Militaria book in the Tank Power series No. 373, Cromwell, it's full of 1/35th scale drawings of many different marks of Cromwells and there are loads of colour profiles of British, Czech and Polish vehicles.

Regards,

John.

Respond to this message   

(Login jl_models)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Tamiya GB; Cromwell Vl.

June 14 2012, 9:20 AM 

Nice model ... go ahead with painting!

Respond to this message   

(Login CMT_Alvaro)
Missing-Lynx members

Good taste!

June 14 2012, 6:35 PM 

Hi John!

Simple but effective choice. The extre stowage is a nice touch but I like the most the towing cables!

I´m not into the Brit armour but... a green dress for this one?

Regards!
Alvaro

Respond to this message   

(Login Bullbasket)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Good taste!

June 15 2012, 4:18 AM 

Hi Alvaro,
Thanks for the comments. I hope to finish it in green and black in the markings of the CIABG (I've got to justify buying all of those SKP decals somehow)!!

Regards,

John.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Tamiya GB; Cromwell Vl.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse