Home > Discussion Groups > 1/48 Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

JagdPanther 1/48 Tamiya VS Bandai

June 17 2012 at 1:44 PM
  (Login ABR1966)
Missing-Lynx members

Hi guys, I would like to build a jagdpanther in 1/48 scale.
I can buy de Tamiya kit or de Bandai kit. So, I would like to know which is the best kit.

TIA.

Saludos desde Crdoba (Espaa).

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login rgronovius)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: JagdPanther 1/48 Tamiya VS Bandai

June 17 2012, 3:22 PM 

This thread discusses some of the issues between the Tamiya and Bandai kits and was the source of much heated debates.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/433829/thread/1229229938/Bandai+vs-+Tamiya-+Jagdpanther+comparison-

RobG

Respond to this message   

(Login didiumus)
Missing-Lynx members

Tamiya. Tamiya. Tamiya. Feel free to disagree with this point, but....

June 17 2012, 6:43 PM 

... my recommendation when kit inaccuracies are presented by Gaston Marty, is to read his point of view, consider it, and then move on. He likes to compare kit parts to photographs, often at strange angles. This doesn't work. Many of the kits he has panned have later been measured to blueprints and found to be spot on or very close. If you can verify errors with actual dimensions, so be it, anything else is just conjecture.

The Bandai Jagdpanther has many accuracy issues such as the heater blower housing and front fenders, and it has vinyl tracks, which are not even close to the Tamiya tracks in quality.

Tamiya isn't perfect, but they are passionate about what they do, and when they research a kit, usually they are very thorough. I have the 1/48 Jagdpanther and find it be a high quality replica, along with my Tamiya Hetzer and other Tamiya kits Gaston has bashed.

My .02 only, your mileage may vary.

Scott Gentry

Respond to this message   

(Login Noxaf)
Missing-Lynx members

lets call "spades"........ "spades"

June 17 2012, 9:21 PM 

poo poo the whole angles vs angles etc, Gaston opinions etc...... the Tamiya kit is going to build into a better looking kit. Back in the day Bandai kits were plenty buildable, and I grew up with them, and I'm glad! They were awesome, and back when they were released very well done compared to a lot of other kits in other scales. But..........that was 30 years ago...... 30 years, really........I gotta get to bed, tomorrow's Monday, and my real job awaits....... there is the real DRAT in life

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - JagdPanther 1/48 Tamiya VS Bandai
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse