Hi lads, some early work in progress shots of a Su-122 for tour Tamiya GB:)
The kit went together easy enough.The tracks had to have the small ejector pin marks covered with some Mr Dissolved Putty ( GREAT Product) and sanded after drying. I used a piece of cardboard cut from the kit box to act as a spacer between the front idlers and running wheel.
A small SNAFU was my intention to use blu tack to hold the wheels in place ( which I did ) so as to get all the running gear and tracks glued and then have them separate for painting. Of course .. cabbage head here glued the idlers and that put that idea to an end!!!
At the moment the upper hull, gun mantle, engine screen cover and rear deck are all loose to facilitate painting and weathering. The tow cable uses the supplied tow ends and the copper wire is 0.6mm from Karaya. The lens for the light ( not shown here) is prepped for painting and in a safe place
I am using this pix as a basis for inspiration.
Pix of progress so far.
The black primer is from Games Work Shop - Chaos Black. This will be the first time for attempting a winter scheme for me so its a new learning curve.
Going to mix up a green in the next few days and we will take it from there