Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions
of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased,
and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination
of the violator's account.
David DaSilva (Login Totalize) Missing-Lynx members
Here are some shots of my first Tamiya 1/48 Scale Stug IIIB I am doing. I was going to do a quick OOB build but when I received my Stug III book I saw that there were some inaccuracies with the Tamiya kit. So after base painting I decided to add some PE and some additional fixes.
Fixes and Additions:
1. Added PE Tool Clasps
2. The Tamiya kit comes with the wooden antenna rail as does the Voyager PE set however, this rail was not added until the Aus D series. The Aus B had an antenna bracket mounted on the air intake to secure the antenna in the down position. I added this bracket with some evergreen card stock.
3.Drilled out the rear tail light slots on the fenders and added card stock behind them for the fender flaps. Also added PE strips to mud guards.
4. added PE hook on rear
5. Added Voyager PE air intake screens.
6. PE fender guards added to the front fenders.
7. Added wiring for position light and Notek lamp.
8. Added welds to the superstructure as per plans in the Stug III book.
9. Added small circular impressions on hull sides to replicate recessed screws prevalent on the armour plates added the sides of the Stug IIIB series.
10. Add PE clasps for the tool boxes.
11. Added wiring for position light and horn.
I missed adding the tool clasps for the S-hooks and wire cutters so I will do that next then give the vehicle another shot of paint.
This message has been edited by Totalize on Jun 30, 2012 7:53 AM This message has been edited by Totalize on Jun 26, 2012 10:47 AM This message has been edited by Totalize on Jun 26, 2012 10:47 AM This message has been edited by Totalize on Jun 26, 2012 9:58 AM This message has been edited by Totalize on Jun 26, 2012 9:57 AM This message has been edited by Totalize on Jun 26, 2012 9:55 AM This message has been edited by Totalize on Jun 26, 2012 9:46 AM
I did another coat so I will post the new pics shortly.
As I said this is my second 1/48 scale model, the first being a Corsair and I like this scale.
I didn't think I would be able to manage the PE but it was really not much different than 1/35 just a bit smaller.
I am trying to improve my skills by branching out and doing armour and aircraft in various scales.