Home > Discussion Groups > 1/48 Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

251 vignet ready to paint

August 29 2012 at 12:45 AM
  (Login sancar_buhur)
Missing-Lynx members

Hi to all 48 lovers.

My 251 is finally finished and ready to paint. I always wanted to build a small Russian village hause. This time I was not lazy and build a small corner...A fence and a dog house...

Im planing to add a few things more..Especially behind the fence and left side of the side. At this point, I need some help about what to add there..Any comments please?????

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

plastic-in-scale.blogspot.com

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Greg Hesssig
(Login GregHessig)
Missing-Lynx members

How about a stolen dog (or pups) in the German's hand. nt

August 29 2012, 1:19 AM 

happy.gif

Respond to this message   

(Login sancar_buhur)
Missing-Lynx members

thanks but...

August 29 2012, 4:33 AM 

Thanks for the idea Greg. But its diffucult for me to make a puppy as scratch.. happy.gif

Respond to this message   

(Login jl_models)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: 251 vignet ready to paint

August 29 2012, 4:09 AM 

Mmmmm ..... great building!

The house is awesome, once painted will be impressive. Also the Sdkfz will be a nice one. May be just the Tamiya´s figures are the weakest part. Unfortunately, in 1/48 scale we still do not have many good figures for our dioramas .... what a shame!

Now, paint it!! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Sancar Buhur
(Login sancar_buhur)
Missing-Lynx members

you're right

August 29 2012, 4:32 AM 

Thanks for the comment jose. Its pleasure to hear it. Im planing to paint it very colorful. I hope, as you say, it will look better after painted..

Actually I wanted to add a few civil figures to add more life to my work..but unfortunately as you mentioned in this scale we dont many options...

I will prepare a few small things more to increase appearance. Hopefully I start painting weekend...

Respond to this message   

(Login dave37167)
Missing-Lynx members

Suggestions

August 29 2012, 5:40 AM 

How about a clothes pole with the lines on the ground? Or a Teter-totter angled in the backyard, maybe broken?? Red Zebra does a great young boy- hands in pocket...put him half hidden behind the house...sneaking a look at the Germans from the backyard......?? Maybe cut and tip his head a bit like you do as you look around a corner..
HTH, Dave

Respond to this message   

(Login sancar_buhur)
Missing-Lynx members

Definetly...

August 29 2012, 6:28 AM 

Thanks for suggestions Dave.

I liked the clothes idea very much. Another friend also advised me same.. I will definetly do it as you say...

I could not find that Red Zebra figure.. Can you send me a link if possible? I want to see that little boy..

Respond to this message   

(Login koschrei)
Missing-Lynx members

More Ideas

August 29 2012, 7:56 PM 

Your house looks great Sancar, but for some after action atmosphere, how about Putting a solid shot hole through it (solid AP doesn't explode, it just zips through soft targets like this) - placed like it was not intentionally fired at the building, just collateral damage from a miss - like a through and through in the the upper corner. The entry would be fairly round and gun caliber sized - the exit would be a bit blown out and 2 or 3 caliber diameters. Maybe a 5cm round from a Pz. III ?

Also, what about an empty Russian helmet (maybe with a bullet hole in it) as the focal point of discussion for your Panzer Grenadiers?

Konrad

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - 251 vignet ready to paint
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse