Home > Discussion Groups > 1/48 Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Tiger I

March 18 2017 at 6:35 PM

Jared Taylor  (Login natique18)
Missing-Lynx members

Hey guys, its been awhile but I wanted to share with the group a Tiger I started some time ago that I 1) got around to finishing, 2)updated the weathering with new techniques I've learned since starting this.

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Thanks to the group for posting and inspiring me. Many thanks to Steve Faxon, whom graciously donated two clevis after I managed to break two.

One more ask of the group; I would like to take the next step with some of my recent AFV completions and add a base with some ground work. Does anyone have a good source for techniques or tutorials they can share? thanks in advance.

Any questions or comments are welcome.

This message has been edited by natique18 on Mar 19, 2017 3:22 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Alvaro Rodriguez
(Login CMT_Alvaro)
Missing-Lynx members

Looks wonderful to me!

March 19 2017, 6:19 AM 

Hi Jared:

What a nice cat you have up there. I´m for one that always find the two color camo´d Tigers -no matter red brown or green- very appealing and you do see those many often. Well done!

Regarding vignette bases, Lu is one that is always working on those for his models. I hope he may provide you some tips. Andrew Deeley has been doing some rather interesting gardening fine works lately as well. And you may also want to take a look at Kevin Townsend´s 251 series vignettes at Track48.

HTH!
Alvaro

Respond to this message   
Steve Faxon
(Login noxafs)
Missing-Lynx members

That looks

March 19 2017, 3:36 PM 

very nice, can you tell us what paints, and colors you used for the base coat and camo? I like them a lot......

Respond to this message   

Jared taylor
(Login natique18)
Missing-Lynx members

Re

March 19 2017, 7:16 PM 

Alvaro - thanks for the kind words. The modelers you've mentioned have been my inspiration to try a base for my more recent builds, in particular Lu's work. I really enjoy how no model is too small to have it's own vignette in Lu's world.

Steve - somewhere along the way I stole this recipe and have enjoyed the results; (all Tamiya acrylics) XF-60:6, XF-59:2, XF-57:7, XF-2:5 for the base yellow. The same recipe was used for the red brown except XF:64 instead of XF:60. There is many layers of filters and pigments over the top of the base camouflage and some manipulation with my computer to try and get the colors as close as to what my eye sees.

This message has been edited by natique18 on Mar 19, 2017 7:17 PM

Respond to this message   
Steve Faxon
(Login noxafs)
Missing-Lynx members

thanks Jared

March 19 2017, 9:03 PM 

Ill give it a try!

Respond to this message   
Andrew deeley
(Login deeley)
Missing-Lynx members

Hi Jared

March 22 2017, 5:36 AM 

Hi Jared

Excellent work, it looks extremely realistic. Top marks.

Do you have any photos of the unpainted model please?

Also regarding the ground work, drop me an email to aejd AT icloud DoT com and I will send you some info on books etc.

Regards
Andrew

Respond to this message   

jared Taylor
(Login natique18)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Tiger I

March 22 2017, 5:53 PM 

Andrew,
I'm sending you an email.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Shon Stephens
(Login shonrs)
Missing-Lynx members

Outstanding!

March 28 2017, 8:22 AM 

Dear Jared,
Thanks for sharing. I think the model itself is really well detailed, but the finish is excellent. I especially think you did well on the lower hull and track weathering.
This reminds me, in terms of quality and finish, of the 1/35th scale Tiger in the old AFV Modeler magazine by Luciano Rodriguez.

Job Well Done,
Shon

Respond to this message   
Tim James
(Login timjames)
Missing-Lynx members

Supurb!

June 14 2017, 6:38 AM 

I'm a bit late here but....this is outstanding Jared, words don't do it justice.
The build and the finishing are top class, I wish I could do work like this.
Could you tell me what colours you've used for the tracks, the effect is very realistic?
It's hard to believe this is 48th.
Congrats mate.
Cheers Tim

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse