Back to PuttingZone
 Main  

Thinking hard right now

April 29 2012 at 3:11 AM
Brendan  (Login Weetbix)
from IP address 124.189.216.130

Response to Thinking about the Body

Thanks for your reply Geoff. You have got me thinking hard.

Firstly I appreciate your specific thoughts on hands vs shoulder and core. I will direct my training towards the core approach. Another quick question if I may:

Am I better off training that action without a ball or with a ball as part of the training?

Secondly you have got me thinking about the distinct difference between training and performance. This is the first time I have really got what you are saying on this subject. So my mind is buzzing.

Recently I have approached my chip shots in particular by feeling the weight of the club head, keeping in my 'minds eye' the target, and having an intention of making the club head move the ball to the target. Which I think sounds like a bit of what you are talking of. But I haven't specifically though about it as 'What must happen in reality to create this outcome'. But I can recall hitting some really good shots when my intention included how the club head needed to move through impact - eg hitting more of a punch and having the intention of the head striking sharply down through the ball, or a chip and run of having the head move more along the ground through the ball.

Is that the sort of thinking that I should be taking into my shots? An intention for what should be occurring as the club goes through impact?

Thanks again
Brendan

Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 What Reality Requires for the Shot Apr 29, 2012, 8:54 AM
  Re: What Reality Requires for the Shot Apr 29, 2012, 4:14 PM
   Mind at Time of Stroke Apr 29, 2012, 10:28 PM
    Re: Mind at Time of StrokeBrendanApr 30, 2012, 8:20 AM
     Make a Gun that Shoots Straight the Right Distance First, then Read Putts with That Apr 30, 2012, 9:36 PM
Back to PuttingZone