Back to PuttingZone
Respond to this messageMain
Original Message
  • The 1986 Masters
    • (Login OnePuttLarry)
      Posted May 9, 2001 12:31 PM

In 1986 Jack Nicklaus became the oldest man to win the Masters and make it an historic event. Jack had used a putter with a gigantic blade of about 6-8" in length! It was a MacGregor Response Putter and I believe that during the Masters telecast, someone had said that Jack had even painted the blade black. His putting was tremendous that day and many thought that his large zinc putter was part of the reason. Minutes after his victory, many golfers including me ran to the pro shops to purchase one. Most shops were sold out immediately; however, I did eventually own one. Jack's signature was reproduced very nicely on the bottom of the blade. It seemed to be well-balanced and did putt very well; however, I could not bring myself to carry around that gargantuan putter in my bag, as I could putt just as well with my old standby. I was wondering if anyone here had experimented with the Response Putter or maybe still own one? Would like your thoughts on that putter?
      Larry

Larry Stanley
      The Putting Edge
      Elk Grove, CA USA
      OnePuttLarry@aol.com
      http://www.ThePuttingEdge.com
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.