Back to PuttingZone

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Main  

Introducing myself

January 5 2008 at 10:43 PM
  (Login nomore3putts)
from IP address 69.113.38.127

Hello everyone. I'm determined to become a good putter, and am certain that I've come to the right place. I've spent the entire evening reading and printing out numerous posts going back to the start of this forum. Yesterday, I watched all of the videos. I've also ordered your book.

I have a few immediate questions for Geoff with regard to technique and equipment. With regard to technique, do you have any plans to do any clinics in the New York City metropolitan area? If not, can you tell me who would be the nearest instructor certified in your teaching? I'm also wondering if you plan to issue a DVD any time soon. I hope so.

With regard to equipment, to what extent is fitting discussed in your book? The most recent post that I noticed on that subject was from 2005. Have your views changed since then? I apologize if I missed a more recent discussion on the subject. I'm particularly interested in your views on proper length, as I've read Tom Wishon's book on the subject, and found his arguments for shorter-length clubs quite persuasive

I had planned to go for a putter fitting next week, but now I think I'll wait until after I read your book and work on my stroke first. Once I do start the search, is there a putter fitter whom you can recommend on Long Island or in the NYC area? There are two fitters in Connecticut who have been mentioned to me: one uses the SAM puttlab system and one uses a Mitchell system, I believe.

Also, a post of yours mentioned the Rife putters as among the top five available. Can you tell us the other top names?

Finally, I'd be very interested to learn your views of the Heavy Putter BM-3 (my present putter), and the T.P. Mills putters (highly recommended on another forum).

Thank you very much for your help. I am astounded at the generosity that you display on this forum and on the web site.

Sincerely,

nomore3putts

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mark
(no login)

My favorite putter so far!

January 6 2008, 8:01 PM 

Try the YES! Sophia putter if using the vertical style. I have tried just about every thing out there including Qroll and Heavy Putter.

This putter even surprised me!

http://www.yesgolf.com/store/models.php?model=110

The C-Groove Sophia model is a traditional, heel shafted blade style putter made of 304 stainless steel.
340 gram head weight; Loft: 2.5 degrees; Lie: 72 degrees std. (2 degrees flat or 2 degrees upright also available)
Straight steel shaft and a slightly offset hosel
Titanium carbon finish
Available in RH or LH models, shaft lengths 32" to 37"
Custom fitted head cover

Respond to this message   

(Login alrenz)

Re: Introducing myself

January 7 2008, 8:45 PM 

I am an Authorized Puttingzone Instructor and I teach in New York City, at Chelsea Piers Golf Academy. I can be reached at my e-mail renzal@chelseapiers.com or on my mobile 516-509-7887. Get in touch and we can talk.

Allan Renz
Director of Golf Schools
Chelsea Piers Golf Academy

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Introducing myself
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Main  
Find more forums on GolfCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Back to PuttingZone