Back to PuttingZone
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Main  

Summa Puttologica

May 16 2008 at 6:51 PM
Jeden Brambor  (no login)
from IP address 71.199.100.30

Geoff,
I'm a longtime fan of your website. I've read your book in the last two weeks, although I have not read the chapters in the order you propose. I have several observations.

Over a 15-year period in the mid-1200's, Thomas Aquinas wrote his "Summa Theologica." In it , he reconciled the Judeo-Christian thinking of the prior 2,000 years with the then newly discovered works of Aristotle (written about 350 B.C., but lost to Europeans for 1,500 years). Aquinas considered Aristotle to be the "Master" of logic and science , as science was then understood. He attempted to bring together the new Aristotelean science with the then-existing "lore" or truths of the Judeo-Christian tradition.

Have you not attempted to do the same with regard to the art/science of putting?

It seems that you have tried to reconcile, or harmonize, the lore of the great putting masters of the last century with the discoveries of modern neuroscience, psychology, etc.

There are people who still read Aquinas' "Summa," 800 years after it was written. Will that be the case with your book?

Is your book truly an "Opus Mangum?"

Of course, I write this in fun, but your book is excellent. Thanks! If any any of your fans have not ordered it, they're missing out.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Summa Puttologica
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Main  
Back to PuttingZone