Back to PuttingZone

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Main  

Taly Mind Set

April 30 2015 at 10:20 PM
Dean Wiese  (no login)
from IP address 63.225.177.181

Hi Geoff

Could you please review the claims at Taly Golf, particularly as they relate to your putting discoveries and of course the neuroscience of movement?

Taly's Mind Ser uses a mechanical device strapped to the lead arm with a telescoping arm extending to a red ball on the end. Taly states this introduces a mental reference point for the stroke called the Talynt Point. This moves the emphasis away from the physical and brings it to a mental level. The benefits include- focus, simplicity, eliminate mental interference, release of hidden talent, improved scoring, consistent rhythm/tempo/feel and improved putting, chipping and full swing (WOW!).

With putting you simply put on the Mind Set and concentrate on moving the red ball on a smooth pendulum path while stroking the ball.

Note- Taly Williams is not a PGA golf pundit. He is a professional engineer educated in Canada.

You can read details and watch Talynt videos at Taly.com.

I and your readers thank you.

Dean Wiese

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Geoff Mangum
(Login aceputt)
Owner

Predicitions before Looking

May 1 2015, 2:41 PM 

Dear Dean,

I'm so used to people "wading in" on how to putt without the slightest study of the matter, that I can safely predict that this person knows very little if not entirely ZIPPO about good putting.

For example, does he KNOW what a tempo is and what is a good one for putting and why? Hell no. I'm certain, even without looking.

Does he know the purpose of the stroke? Or even bring up the question? Hell no. I'm certain.

Does he have any study of neuroscience, or does he just like to sound impressive by using the term? I can guess which.

Does he know the difference between MIND and BODY so that he can explain the difference and know when he is talking about one or the other? I doubt it, quite sincerely.

What PROBLEMS does he think he is fixing by his approach, and if he lists any problems, does ho KNOW much about what CAUSES these problems, or does he simply suggest that NOT USING his approach is the problem? I've seen this before, so I have an opinion even before I look.

I've NEVER been surprised (so far) by outsiders weighing in on putting -- they always have a smidgen of science talk and a great deal of certainty and enthusiasm, and it's always total junk. Might be some pony buried in there somewhere, so it's too much to say bad golfers can't experience some benefit with the approach, but is it sound and sensible and backed with real science and plain explanations? Hell no.

But I'll look anyway.

Cheers!

[linked image]

Geoff Mangum
Putting Coach and Theorist

PuttingZone.com -- over 200 Certified PuttingZone Coaches teaching in 21 Countries Worldwide and growing strong!
The best putting instruction in the history of the game -- integrating the Four Skills of putting (reading, aiming, stroking for line, and stroking for delivery pace) by combining all putting lore in history with modern science for physics, anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, motor sports teaching and learning and performance, and especially the NEW brain science of the non-conscious processes of perception and movement action in putting skill.

Respond to this message   

Geoff Mangum
(Login aceputt)
Owner

Nothing There

May 1 2015, 2:48 PM 

OK I looked.

Nothing there of real substance, and the "science" is completely backwards. He writes (or claims): "Your Talynt point takes the emphasis away from your physical ability and brings it to the mental level." The science is about taking the motion in the opposite direction -- OUT of the MIND into the BODY.

He claims he has studied "psychology", and that to me means he knows ZERO neuroscience, especially about human action of perception and movement processes at the NON-conscious level in the BRIAN and BODY, not the MIND.

His identification of the problems is pretty herd-think superficial and thin.

So I'm done. Nothing there. just more amateurish golf junk.

Cheers!

[linked image]

Geoff Mangum
Putting Coach and Theorist

PuttingZone.com -- over 200 Certified PuttingZone Coaches teaching in 21 Countries Worldwide and growing strong!
The best putting instruction in the history of the game -- integrating the Four Skills of putting (reading, aiming, stroking for line, and stroking for delivery pace) by combining all putting lore in history with modern science for physics, anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, motor sports teaching and learning and performance, and especially the NEW brain science of the non-conscious processes of perception and movement action in putting skill.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Main  
Find more forums on GolfCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Back to PuttingZone