Back to PuttingZone

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Main  

GolfChannel: "...a great teacher named Geoff Mangum."

September 19 2015 at 2:58 AM
M.Prieto  (Login MannKrane)
from IP address 199.115.115.213

I've been enthralled by the website and forum since 2010 or so. So I got pretty excited when I heard the Golfchannel give you some well-deserved credit. Forgive me if A)you don't care B)they do mention your ideas often while giving you credit or C)you don't care. But to me personally; it was akin to finally hearing a great band, that I've been a fan of for a long while, on the radio. If interested Check out the video titled: "School of Golf: Roll your putts better". I believe it was posted on 09/18/2015 Thanks for everything.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Geoff Mangum
(Login aceputt)
Owner

Thanks Shank!

November 10 2015, 6:59 AM 

Thanks, I do care, but not about being mentioned on tv. I care that people understand the first-ever contributions that I have developed applying science to the unsolved problems of putting skills.

Golf for putting has NEVER tried to learn how the human body works in terms of perception and movement processes for distance control or reading putts -- the keystone or foundational skill of touch and then the most outcome-determinative skill of reading putts. I have done that, alone, over the past 25 years of deep, intensive research and adept application of difficult sciences to the tasks of putting.

As a result, I can EXPLAIN (and teach young beginning players as well as adult pros) how in neuroscience the brain takes targeting perceptions and intentionality and then uses tempo and rhythm to deliver the putter head into impact with precisely the velocity and force required by the objective physics of the putt for distance, green speed, and uphill-downhill elevation change. No one else has ever even tried to understand that.

As a result, I can EXPLAIN (and teach young beginning players as well as adult pros) not only how math and physics can be used simply to see the amount of break to play for in-close putts as a ballpark initial read, but also how in neuroscience the human instincts can be harnessed to predict accurately the curved path of the ball across the surface contour of the green for any putt of any complexity, and to identify and aim into the start line that matches that curve.

As a result, I can EXPLAIN (and teach young beginning players as well as adult pros) how the geometry of the head and neck is used to perceive accurately where any putter face aims sideways from the address posture across the green any distance.

As a result, I can EXPLAIN (and teach young beginning players as well as adult pros) how the human body as a biomechanics frame should be arranged to simplify the stroke motion that sends the ball exactly wherever the putter face has been aim, using the tempo and rhythm that expresses the correct "touch' that matches the line and distance / pace required by the read.

That legacy I will protect. No one else in golf has done that.

Cheers!

Geoff Mangum
"Just saying'" in case it is not obvious.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Main  
Find more forums on GolfCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Back to PuttingZone