Back to PuttingZone

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Main  

Left eye dominance - putter blade closed alignment

September 6 2016 at 6:24 PM
VanSolomonian  (Login vanSolomonian)
from IP address 24.114.55.180

I've read lots on why putter blades are not aligned correctly at setup but still don't understand how I can correct my natural tendency to aim the blade closed to my target line. On a straight short putt, my miss will always be left ( as I'm right handed). Any guidance?
(I know lie angle is a factor and if eyes are directly over ball or not.)

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Geoff Mangum
(Login aceputt)
Owner

Eyes Again

December 15 2016, 7:56 PM 

Dear Von,

With due respect and kindness, forget whatever you'vecread.

Don't AIM (POINT) the putter based upon vision while standing beside the ball -- point the putter based on seeing the start line from behind the ball (possibly using a line on the ball).

Beside the ball, don't POINT or Re-POINT the putterface. Instead, either judge its correctness of just believe you did the pointing accurately.

What's screwing you up is POINTING the putterface while standing beside the ball without knowing how to tell where it points.

That's a separate skill that I seem to be the only teacher to know it needs teaching, before I taught other PZ coaches.

Send me email to geoff.mangum@gmail.com and I'll send an article on this I wrote.

Cheers!

Geoff Mangum

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Main  
Find more forums on GolfCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Back to PuttingZone