Return to Index  

Have you Modified any of yours?

November 3 2006 at 11:09 AM
No score for this post
  (Login Rowdydude)
from IP address 66.140.109.18

Response to Frame flex in Talon/Condor

Rob,

I not sure but seem to remember reading you say on the TOG, that your rifles are all stock form for as stronger springs and the like. I doubt a big concern if your using the stock spring for the hammer. Now where I really see the problem start to show up is when I used a stronger hammer spring along with a heavy hammer also. These two things together really worked over more than a couple areas on my Condor.

What little time I got with my Condor to mess around with trying to control hammer bounce, I was at one time using a spring and hammer combination that really showed just how weak the frame is and exactly where. One five shot group for a check of air pressure and volume used was all I could afford at the thought of messing the frame up at the budget my little R&D budget has here LOL...

I am sure that by merely mounting a good strong scope with a 30mm tube would beef up the frame on these rifles. There was no doubt left to me why AF made a different frame for the Condor rifles and I would figure for the military contracts along with whatever else they may sale these to be used in harsh conditions. I would like to hope the frame change on the Condor, might have other reasons in the future models they might bring to the market as well, with a larger caliber rifle as well as maybe a magazine for the rifles. Just my speculation on those possibilities though. I do hope to see others here post the things they have seen with this, as I am certain with the very limited time I have spent with my Condor and saw what I did, am sure there are those that have really pushed the envelope with these rifles and seen far more than I

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Air GunsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement