Gonal f dosage questionSeptember 14 2011 at 2:04 PM
No score for this post
|Molly (no login)|
I am ordering meds for upcoming cycle. I am private pay so trying to save every penny.
I will need to take 300 units of gonal f every day. This was called in as 900 unit pens, with instructions that i use 1/3 as a dose. When i askec nurse if i could do 300 unit pens instead she said this would be a waste of plastic.
Frankly, i am thinking i could have leftovers and that once pen is opened it neefs to be used in a few weeks, so to avoid wasting a dose or two if extra, i am wondering if i should insist on 300 unit pens. When i pressed nurse, she looked at me like i had 5 heads so maybe i am missing something?
Keep in mind that 300 units cost about $300 so if i loose 2 doses thats $600.
Appreciate your thoughts,
- You are very smart! - Tracy on Sep 14, 2011, 2:12 PM
- you are spot on - MIR on Sep 14, 2011, 2:30 PM
- ABSOLUTELY - BabyDance on Sep 14, 2011, 2:58 PM
- IVF Meds in Europe was my solution - Emilie on Sep 14, 2011, 5:54 PM
- I also had a great experience with IVF meds - Al on Sep 14, 2011, 6:51 PM
- Thanks everyone and Question for MIR - Molly on Sep 14, 2011, 10:52 PM