Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor


 Return to Index  

Makes Sense to me that Vitrified d2 embie is problematic

September 20 2011 at 4:41 PM
No score for this post
DeeinNYC  (no login)


Response to Try fresh transfer d3 or d2 first

You shouldn't freeze embies too soon. Day 2 is too soon and they are more fragile. The earlier they are frozen..the less likely they are to survive the thaw....vitrified or not and if they do survive..they will be much weaker than if you had never frozen them on Day 2 in the first place. It doesn't make sense to me that Day 2 transfers would outperform Day 5 embies....maybe vitrified Day 5 embies are different..but still...we know that there is a much higher success rate when it comes to Day 5 transfers than Day 3 transfers. Did they compare fresh Day 3 embies to fresh Day 2 embies?

BD, if it were me and if you decide on a fresh transfer, have him do it on day 3. That seems like a no-brainer to me. Maybe Day 2 if he will do it. BTW...isn't there something to be siad for allowing embies to grow in the proper pulture? We hear all the time about the storied lab at CCRM and their culture which seems to perform miracles on some embies. SIRM has a great lab. If on the other hand you decide to batch and do a FET later...go to day 5 although it's a risk. IMHO...I don't think you would be doing your embie/embies any favors by freezing on Day 3. They will be too weak. You might as well do a fresh transfer on Day 3. I could be looking at this all wrong...but that's what I think.

 
Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses