Makes Sense to me that Vitrified d2 embie is problematicSeptember 20 2011 at 4:41 PM
No score for this post
|DeeinNYC (no login)|
Response to Try fresh transfer d3 or d2 first
You shouldn't freeze embies too soon. Day 2 is too soon and they are more fragile. The earlier they are frozen..the less likely they are to survive the thaw....vitrified or not and if they do survive..they will be much weaker than if you had never frozen them on Day 2 in the first place. It doesn't make sense to me that Day 2 transfers would outperform Day 5 embies....maybe vitrified Day 5 embies are different..but still...we know that there is a much higher success rate when it comes to Day 5 transfers than Day 3 transfers. Did they compare fresh Day 3 embies to fresh Day 2 embies?
BD, if it were me and if you decide on a fresh transfer, have him do it on day 3. That seems like a no-brainer to me. Maybe Day 2 if he will do it. BTW...isn't there something to be siad for allowing embies to grow in the proper pulture? We hear all the time about the storied lab at CCRM and their culture which seems to perform miracles on some embies. SIRM has a great lab. If on the other hand you decide to batch and do a FET later...go to day 5 although it's a risk. IMHO...I don't think you would be doing your embie/embies any favors by freezing on Day 3. They will be too weak. You might as well do a fresh transfer on Day 3. I could be looking at this all wrong...but that's what I think.
Kato didn't have d3 transfer, d2 or d5 - MIR on Sep 20, 2011, 5:38 PM
- here's an interesting blog about day 5 transfer - Jamie on Sep 21, 2011, 10:36 AM
- If I were going to CCRM, definitely shoot for 5 day - MIR on Sep 21, 2011, 12:47 PM
- Btw, Dr, Yelian told me PGD is not a good idea for our age group - MIR on Sep 21, 2011, 12:58 PM
- Heard this too n/t - DeeinNYC on Sep 21, 2011, 1:29 PM
- Not Just CCRM - DeeinNYC on Sep 21, 2011, 1:28 PM
- You are no average 44-yo woman in terms of fertility - MIR on Sep 21, 2011, 1:44 PM
- Re: You are no average 44-yo woman in terms of fertility - Anonymous on Sep 21, 2011, 2:08 PM
- I will be thinking of you for this cycle - MIR on Sep 21, 2011, 2:32 PM
- Thank you!! n/t - DeeinNYC on Sep 21, 2011, 6:05 PM