Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Return to Index  

Conflicted on this

October 1 2011 at 2:11 PM
No score for this post
Anon4this  (no login)

Response to NY Mag Article on Mom's over 50

Well, Ladies, I have to say that reading this and seeing the picture of a woman who I agree looks to be 60+ pregnat caused a "no" reflex in me. I'm now in my mid-40's, and couldn't start trying until after 40. Not becaue I didn't want to, but because the situation wasn't right. I will say that my whole thing has been to have this wrapped up by 45 - in whatever way I have to go.

I hope I don't cause a rucus, but I have to say at some point this does become selfish. That's my opinion. I have to think about the child/children that result from this. It just doesn't seem right and quite frankly IMHO gives a bad face to the new technology available to us.

Anyhow, I probably just shouldn't have written anything, but my reaction was just so strong. If I don't end up with a baby by 45, then I'll adopt an or foster to adopt an older child. That's just how strongly I feel. It will be sad, but life is sometimes sad.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I actually agree with you - MIR on Oct 1, 4:42 PM
    1. Well Aren't you Just a Ray of Sunshine!! - DeeinNYC on Oct 1, 7:40 PM
      1. I am just a realistic person that respects facts and data - MIR on Oct 1, 11:55 PM
        1. So what is your age cutoff for women who want babies? - Anon for this on Oct 2, 6:08 PM
          1. No age cutoff, menopause is the only natural cutoff - MIR on Oct 2, 8:10 PM
            1. Re: No age cutoff, menopause is the only natural cutoff - Anonymous on Oct 4, 4:13 PM
          2. The baby should be considered...... - Anonymous on Oct 2, 8:47 PM
            1. This is me above, not anon n/t - ALM on Oct 2, 9:28 PM
            2. Seriously? - Anonymous on Oct 5, 4:14 PM

2. Agree - DE at an advanced age is becoming out of control - Anonymous on Oct 2, 5:50 PM
    1. That's just not the case - Al on Oct 3, 9:36 AM
      1. THIS and... - DeeinNYC on Oct 3, 12:13 PM

3. i woke up last night worrying - anne on Oct 4, 4:58 PM
    1. Sorry hun... - DeeinNYC on Oct 4, 10:29 PM
      1. thanks dee you are - anne on Oct 5, 12:03 PM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement