Conflicted on thisOctober 1 2011 at 2:11 PM
No score for this post
|Anon4this (no login)|
Response to NY Mag Article on Mom's over 50
Well, Ladies, I have to say that reading this and seeing the picture of a woman who I agree looks to be 60+ pregnat caused a "no" reflex in me. I'm now in my mid-40's, and couldn't start trying until after 40. Not becaue I didn't want to, but because the situation wasn't right. I will say that my whole thing has been to have this wrapped up by 45 - in whatever way I have to go.
I hope I don't cause a rucus, but I have to say at some point this does become selfish. That's my opinion. I have to think about the child/children that result from this. It just doesn't seem right and quite frankly IMHO gives a bad face to the new technology available to us.
Anyhow, I probably just shouldn't have written anything, but my reaction was just so strong. If I don't end up with a baby by 45, then I'll adopt an or foster to adopt an older child. That's just how strongly I feel. It will be sad, but life is sometimes sad.
- I actually agree with you - MIR on Oct 1, 4:42 PM
- Well Aren't you Just a Ray of Sunshine!! - DeeinNYC on Oct 1, 7:40 PM
- I am just a realistic person that respects facts and data - MIR on Oct 1, 11:55 PM
- So what is your age cutoff for women who want babies? - Anon for this on Oct 2, 6:08 PM
- No age cutoff, menopause is the only natural cutoff - MIR on Oct 2, 8:10 PM
- Re: No age cutoff, menopause is the only natural cutoff - Anonymous on Oct 4, 4:13 PM
- The baby should be considered...... - Anonymous on Oct 2, 8:47 PM
- This is me above, not anon n/t - ALM on Oct 2, 9:28 PM
- Seriously? - Anonymous on Oct 5, 4:14 PM
- Agree - DE at an advanced age is becoming out of control - Anonymous on Oct 2, 5:50 PM
- That's just not the case - Al on Oct 3, 9:36 AM
- THIS and... - DeeinNYC on Oct 3, 12:13 PM
- i woke up last night worrying - anne on Oct 4, 4:58 PM
- Sorry hun... - DeeinNYC on Oct 4, 10:29 PM
- thanks dee you are - anne on Oct 5, 12:03 PM