Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Return to Index  

Re: I tend to agree with MIR

October 15 2011 at 10:25 PM
No score for this post
di_nyc  (Login di_nyc)

Response to Re: I tend to agree with MIR

Update: I talked to Dr. T yesterday and he agreed to do a trial infusion with intralipids after my egg retrieval and then test my NK elevation levels again afterward to see how effective a treatment intralipids would be for me. He seems to think it would be effective because the 25:1 ET NK assay w/intralipid number on my report was 13.7--down from 25--and he says he uses a higher dose than what they used on the test, so hopefully that should get it under 10 (which I understand to be the desired target? although at 50:1, the intralipids only reduced my number from 25.1 to 23.7). But since it seems like I'll need treatment for elevated NK cell activity regardless of whether or not I have any DQ-Alpha match w/the donor, I feel like it makes sense to do everything I can to try to find out if I can be successfully treated with intralipids before even considering IVIG, which is so cost prohibitive.

This message has been edited by di_nyc on Oct 15, 2011 10:28 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement