Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Return to Index  

hi anna

November 4 2011 at 5:02 PM
No score for this post
b.  (no login)

Response to fsh of 77 on cd 17. check ladied plz help..

I used to think that vitrification was the only way to go and anybody doing slow-freeze should be dismissed right away. But now I don't think that necessarily, it's possible slow-freeze even has some advantages. USC for example has one of the highest success rate for egg freezing in the country and they use slow-freeze, which I thought was very surprising.

Vitrification might have risks that are not really known yet, because it's newer. I'm not saying it does, I just don't know. I would have thought anybody doing slow-freeze before was crazy but now I am thinking there is a reason. Dr. Check seems to know about weird things that nobody else does - risks and things like that. For example ICSI. ICSI is high tech but Dr. Check unlike most places doesn't prefer it. I read up a little bit about it and there might be some good reasons for not doing ICSI as a first choice. I think maybe Dr. Check has more of a gentle approach which might seem old-fashioned. For example how he prefers low-stim instead of tons of meds (like SIRM does). So maybe slow-freeze is also an example of that. I don't know I am just theorizing. I met with Dr. Check once & have not done any treatments with him but got his perspective. I think he has rhyme and reason for things and it's not actually because of being behind the times.

And yes. Once you have met with Dr. Check in person he can also work with you out of town. I talked to him about this possibility and he said it was their protocols and choices of treatment that was distinct, but that the lab itself was not that unique. He said he could advise and work with another lab that is willing to follow his treatments. So if you find a lab that you think is very up to date in Southern California maybe you could do Dr. Check protocol locally. The trick would be finding a lab that you are really impressed with & with a caring Dr. who doesn't have too much ego who is willing to just follow Dr. Check's instructions.

Disregard fsh on day 17, it is irrelevant.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses