Consult with Cooper/Dr. Check- need opinionNovember 30 2011 at 2:36 PM
No score for this post
|Mrs. McIrish (no login)|
I hope it is OK to post here. I am 38. I was rejected yesterday by my RE at Brigham since I am a poor responder. She won't cycle me again and gave me the DE speech again. My history: failed 4 IUI's, and 2 IVFs in 2011. I am a poor responder, FSH was 17.3 at last test in June 2011 with E2 of 82 and AMH was 0.3 in September 2011. My AFC is always under 4(no one even tells me anymore). I only produced 3 eggs on IVF1 (EPP with max stims) and one was not mature and IVF#2 yielded 2 eggs (microdose lupron with max stims). Embies were very poor quality (highly fragmented and don't grow). While I am considering DE, it's tough to know when to stop trying with OE.
I feel like I need to get that 2nd opinion from someone high FSH friendly before I can do DE. I'm limited by finances and found out that Dr. Check does take my insurance so I will go to him. I just called to make the appointment for a consult and was told that all the other RE's at Cooper will do a phone consult but not Dr. Check. How important is it to see him versus another RE in his office? Is another RE there just as good for FSH ladies? It's a 5hr drive for me so if I can do by phone, that would be ideal. I would do local monitoring in RI where I am.
I know his office is an unorganized disaster so I know what what sheer annoyance I am going to face...
- Dr. Cardone (child ment) - PhoebeMass on Nov 30, 3:24 PM
- Dr. Cardone - Mrs. McIrish on Nov 30, 3:54 PM
- Dr. Cardone - Mrs. McIrish on Nov 30, 4:10 PM
- That would be a brutal drive - PhoebeMass on Nov 30, 4:31 PM
- Dr. Cardone - Mrs. McIrish on Nov 30, 5:19 PM
- I'm cheering for you! - PhoebeMass on Dec 1, 4:01 PM
- Monitoring - DarriasD on Dec 1, 5:30 PM
- still a newbie at Cooper but here's my 2 cents - Tripplebe on Dec 1, 11:12 AM
- Thanks Tripple - Mrs. McIrish on Dec 1, 11:26 AM
- what a helpful post - Antonialisa on Dec 1, 12:25 PM
- hi - alima on Dec 1, 12:24 PM
- Thanks - Mrs. McIrish on Dec 1, 12:50 PM