Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Return to Index  

So glad you saw both...

January 20 2012 at 11:48 PM
No score for this post
wanttwo  (no login)

Response to having done IVF with Gill and Check, my take on both (everything ment.)

because my husband could smell smoke coming out of my brain for the past several days. Couldn't tell which one to visit first since I've been told that Dr. Check is the one that could get me pregnant but then I looked at the logistics going to Marboro, NJ and it may be difficult to get there while dragging my husband away from work. If he were in NY, I could easily visit my family there and just take the train from their house to the office.

Don't get me wrong, if I have to fly out to get pregnant then why not? But I have read some stories about Dr. Check's office and then I wonder if the disorganization within their office will screw up my cycles or IVF and that means months wasted.

Then I think about Dr. Gill but I am so afraid that he will end up being like Dr. T at SIRM or Dr. Owen at Cornell (never went to either but I'm just going by forums I've read) and have an FSH cutoff of like 14 or something. But the great thing is that I live in Austin, so Houston/Katy is only 2.5 hours away. If I need my husband to go with me for IVF, he can do it. I also like the fact that he has more time for his patients and his wife went through the same thing. I hear their lab is top notch.

Interesting that you mentioned Dr. Check was a bit cookie cutter about the protocols. If you don't mind me asking, how many trips did you make to visit him including the initial consultation. Also, did you go by yourself? In addition, out of curiosity, were you able to get a positive pregnancy test before you saw any RE? I have been trying for the past year and still no BFP. Wonder if my high platelets (tendency to clot), hashimoto's or some other autoimmune could be preventing me from getting a sticky bean. I need to see my endocrinologist again because I found some very old labs that determined that I have late onset congenital adrenal hyperplasia (a lot of the symptoms are like PCOS but instead of the ovaries it's the adrenals and it results in too many androgen hormones due to the defective conversion of 17-hydroxyprogesterone) and I need to go to my endo to recheck labs for that. One of the symptoms of that is infertility (irregular periods and failure to ovulate) and acne. Yup, I still have tons of acne on my face. Usually the treatment is a small dosage of glucocorticoid (steroid) daily.

I like the fact that Dr. Check does low stims but many other REs do the high stim approach. Kind of afraid of frying the heck out of my eggs but I have never done a medicated IUI so I don't know how my eggs will respond.

Thanks to everyone on this board, I will go to Dr. Gill first for a consult and then go from there. You guys are such great consultants! Jamie, your experiences are so helpful. Congrats on your little baby girl. I hope I wasn't too long winded on this one. I loved reading your posts!

Tina

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. thanks, Tina! - Jamie on Jan 21, 8:44 PM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement