Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Return to Index  

thanks, Tina!

January 21 2012 at 8:44 PM
No score for this post
Jamie  (no login)

Response to So glad you saw both...

A few things to address your questions and points:

1) I am not aware of any FSH cutoff that Gill has. I know that anne had a bad experience, but Gill must have had a major change of heart since then or else there was something else going on in her case because he is very proud of the fact that he has treated patients who have FSHs as high as 40 and 60 and that these ladies have had success. He and I discussed FSH when I first went and he doesn't think that it generally means much, at least according to what he said.

2) I saw Check when I was living here in Houston, and boy, it was a pain. I went by myself to the consultation; didn't drag my husband along until it was time to do his thing to get the sperm. He had already been drug to two other REs and I was the decision maker anyway.

The travel was a pain and the remote monitoring was a pain and expensive. They had me monitored at a Houston RE's office who had studied under Check. No one on the board recommends this guy (and there are some really big concerns about him based on the experiences of other people from this board) so I won't mention his name. It was $600 per monitoring appointment. Considering that I had to do about 6-7 of them it was expensive. Then I had to make sure that Cooper received the results. I also had to go there twice and for the second time I was there about a week.

When I went to Cooper to do the egg retrieval and transfer I waited for a while before each. For the transfer I think I waited two hours. I was about to burst from drinking all the water. The nurses are very abrupt and have so many patients; when you call they generally want to get you off the phone as soon as possible.

The only time I saw Check was at the consultation. I really didn't see or hear from him again. I do believe that the nurses were running my protocol, whereas I am certain that Gill looked over the results after every monitoring appointment and made the decisions from there (possibly another RE the one weekend day I was monitored, but that's okay with me. It was the day that I ended up triggering, and even I could tell that it was time).

Check is truly a good guy and smart but they are overwhelmed there. Also, if you look at his stats for over 40 they aren't very good at all. I know he's getting tough cases, but he should be getting some people he can help. The other thing is that he can be too conservative for a while (timed intercourse with progesterone) when he should be getting aggressive due to age. That is just my personal critique, actually, all of this is.

3) Really glad to hear you are going to talk to Gill! I'm seeing him myself in two weeks to discuss another baby. Given that it's only $50 and a short drive away you have nothing to lose by going there, and you are right, there lab is excellent. I would suggest asking him about an immune panel given the things you have going on.

Please keep us posted on how things go, and wishing you all the best!

Jamie

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement