Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Return to Index  

Anyone doing medicated cycles only?

March 18 2012 at 9:02 PM
No score for this post
SillyPuppy  (no login)

Because I am 45 my RE will not do IVF. I am left to do medicated cycles and IUI and/or timed intercourse. I only been TTC for one month. I am a crossroads because I wonder if I should take the leap and fly to NYC (closest site to me) and see someone at SIRM or New Hope. I don't want to go down this road wreaking havoc on my body for no tangible results. Of course nothing is guaranteed anyway and the effort to do IVF for women of my age is all relatively new with low yields.

If I do medicated cycles only I will be doing femara, menopur and an HCG trigger. That would be my first medicated cycle. She says she would tweak things as I went along if this doesn't work. We have no idea of how I will respond.

My RE is not fond of New Hope and in some regards she, along with another RE I met with think of them almost as charlatans who will take money but not really produce good results.

There is a part of me that respects her deeply as she works as a professor of RE at a major teaching hospital/university BUT there is another part of me that wonders if she is limiting me in some way?

I am getting such a mixed response the MORE I do research in various locations.

I think I will be doing another post soon about the SIRM protocol just to see what they say.

There is also a part of me that just wants to TTC naturally and not step off this cliff for fear of what it all will do to my body.

There is also a part of me that wants to make my best risk be the one most likely to yield results so I wonder if it is worth coordinating treatment in NYC.

ANYTHING you all can share with me would be so helpful.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement