Re: follow up question - BroodyHenMarch 24 2012 at 11:34 PM
No score for this post
|BroodyHen (no login)|
Response to follow up question - BroodyHen
i never actually saw him, but had a phone consult. i then spoke to him two more times on the phone briefly, as he was gracious enough to take my calls. but he is pretty loose with the recommendations, and each time i got a different recommendation. i think if you haven't been officially diagnosed with anything specific then he will recommend two broad spectrum AB. the ones he rattled off to me included flagyl, amoxycillin, doxy, clindamycin, arithromax... i went with 3 weeks of doxy followed by 2 weeks of clindamycin. my hematologist prescribed them for me, and didn't seem concerned with the plan. i'm almost done with the ABs -- i hope my liver is holding out!
did you get testing/cultures with t oth or did you just do a phone consult?
How much doxy did you take and when did you take it? - Kim on Mar 25, 2012, 9:10 PM
- Re: How much doxy did you take and when did you take it? - BroodyHen on Mar 25, 2012, 11:33 PM
- Thanks! Did Dr. T.oth explain why clindamycin? Spoke to him in Jan&doxy only mentioned - Kim on Mar 26, 2012, 4:39 PM
- Good for you!!! Other quick questions or insight you could provide on..... - Kim on Mar 26, 2012, 4:59 PM
- Re: Good for you!!! Other quick questions or insight you could provide on..... - BroodyHen on Mar 26, 2012, 10:05 PM
- Hmm, funny stories on the AB - Kim on Mar 27, 2012, 2:19 PM
- thanks (child ment) - BroodyHen on Mar 27, 2012, 7:38 PM