Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Return to Index  

Re: I think I am still confused--

March 25 2012 at 7:23 PM
No score for this post
SillyPuppy  (no login)

Response to I think I am still confused--

to be frank, my OB actually never brought up my continues child bearing in "serious" discussion.

If memory serves me I may have offered up that I didn't think I was interested in having more than one children.

At that point it might have been proactive for the doctor to have had a more thorough discussion about the implications of time etc in the decision making process.

But let's be frank, for those who have not struggled to have a child, how often doe doctors ever sit down and have long discussions about how these decisions are made?

They don't. It is too complex a process in my mind's eye for them to arrive at a process that is "correct and acceptable" in doing so.

Like I said, the standard of care seems to be more focused on pregnancy prevention than pregnancy PROMOTION.

I am still asked when going to ALL healthcare providers if I am "pregnant" and what my method of birth control is when seeing my OB-GYN.

Interesting to me that when I go to my OB-GYN to talk about pregnancy and meeting with an RE at the age of 45 she says NOW (just a few months after having a wellness appt where BC is discussed) that the likelihood of a woman my age having a successful pregnancy is not very great at all.

Surely I am NOT the only one that finds it a bit odd,no?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

• can't edit the above for some reason and - SillyPuppy on Mar 25, 2012, 7:24 PM
  • Re: I think I am still confused-- - di_nyc on Mar 25, 2012, 9:06 PM
    Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement