Rates are variableMarch 26 2012 at 11:06 AM
No score for this post
|TenaciousB (no login)|
Response to TenaciousB, where did you get the normal ratio for blasts?
Thank you for your kind words! I will keep the board posted as I move along w/Tx. Im on hold for a month because of cysts left over from my last cycle. I aim to cycle again in late April/early May.
I wish there were a chart I could refer you to, but no such luck. Blast/normal rates vary by lab, clinic and by individual response to stimsetc. Not sure where youre cycling but they may be able to give you their clinic live birth rate per blast for your age range. di_nyc was recently able to gather that info from Dr. T on our clinic, SIRM (scroll down for details).
I apologize for opening a can of worms w/ the numbers I posted previously. They were not from established charts, but rather theyre specifically MY own composite experiential stats from MY prior 3 banking cycle results. I should have put a disclaimer on my statement, so as not to mislead anybody. Hence, when I said, This is how I think of my own chances, blah, blah, I really meant MY OWN chances, not to be extrapolated to others. ----Me with my big mouth! Anyway, here are my actual stats from those 3 cycles: Approx 20 mature eggs retrieved; 5 blasts; 2 CGH normals
With that said, the only solid universally accepted statistic I know of for you to use as a guideline for banking is the rate of egg aneuploidy by age (easy to find online). So if you figure that x% of eggs are normal at your age, then you aim to retrieve enough mature eggs overall to theoretically attain the number of normals you want.
FYI: Dr. T told di_nyc recently that SIRM has a 25% live birth rate per untested blast for her age. Were assuming this rate must have lots of qualifying caveats (assuming no implantation disfunctionetc). You can search for additional details in a string way down the board (search for blast statistics & my protocol, di's post of 3/25).
- Here's the link - di_nyc on Mar 26, 12:07 PM
- CGH vs GES - bbtocudl on Mar 26, 12:39 PM
- My #s unknown but sounds promising for you!! - TenaciousB on Mar 26, 12:46 PM
- I thought about that after I wrote my post - bbtocudl on Mar 26, 1:35 PM
- really interesting info! - Jamie on Mar 26, 2:43 PM
- That was my old cycle - normals didn't take, unfortunately - TenaciousB on Mar 26, 3:54 PM
- Please keep us posted on your CGH results! - MIR on Mar 26, 6:12 PM
- Re: Please keep us posted on your CGH results! - TenaciousB on Mar 27, 9:36 AM
- well I am rooting for you! I see success ahead! (success ment.) - Jamie on Mar 26, 10:03 PM
- Thanks!!! - TenaciousB on Mar 27, 9:41 AM
- Thanks a lot for your information, very useful - MIR on Mar 26, 6:03 PM
- Blasts - TenaciousB on Mar 27, 10:00 AM
- I hope you will have a BFP and live birth soon! - MIR on Mar 27, 12:23 PM