Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Return to Index  

low-stim is relatively safe even for years

March 29 2012 at 7:21 PM
No score for this post
  (Login miraclex2)

Response to confused - question about banking and back to back cycles

The IVF procedure itself poses no cancer fear at all. The biggest cancer risk is really from elevated estrogen particularly for those with very sensitive estrogen receptors. There are many women out there trying on their own using Clomid month after month, that is no different from banking. Here is a study on cancer risk of fertility drugs.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/06/health/research/06cancer.html

However, personally I would electively take out my ovaries when I am done with this just to be cautious. Ovarian cancer incidence typically surges right around menopause, unless one has a family history.

Even within the infertile group that they sampled, only 0.3% have ovarian cancer and the mean age is 63. There is plenty of time before that mean age that you can bank and then take out your ovaries.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. thanks MIR - Ch.ec,k discussion - alima on Mar 30, 7:59 AM
    1. HRT highly linked with uterine cancer - MIR on Mar 30, 6:29 PM
      1. Fan of BHRT, and you - SillyPuppy on Mar 31, 8:56 AM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement