Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Return to Index  

Recent natural cycle results (BFP and M/C mentioned)

April 1 2012 at 4:06 PM
No score for this post
RJH  (Login RJ0152)

I just wanted to share some small success after almost a year of trying to conceive post Asherman treatment (Asherman treatment was successful) with no succcess. I'm 43 years old, will be 44 end of May.

I've been taking Ubiquinol along with other antioxidants. Ubiquinol has been found to be best absorbed by people over 40 in recent research and a scientific paper will be published sometime in April worldwide confirming this via several references based on numerous studies. I know this because I personally know the MD who has had their research paper recently accepted for publishing this data.

Since I have responded well to visual imagery in the past, I decided to pursue hypnotherapy with a hypnotherapist at Rocky Mountain Hypnotherapy who works with women on fertility challenges.

I don't know what to attribute my BFP (which did only result in a m/c, with AF delayed 5 days), but I can say that I respond well to visual imagery and mediation techniques and for what's it's worth, I found the sessions w/ the hypnotherapist to be very empowering. And, this was my BFP within a almost an entire year of trying with natural cycles.

One of my biggest challenges is going to be reducing my stress levels, which I'm working on.

That being said I realize I'm 43 years old (almost 44), but there have been several women even at 45 who have gotten pregnant via the hypnotherapist's work. He has written a book called "The Mind-Body Fertility Connection". I'm not trying to sell his work, but if you are open to this type of work, it might be worth a shot to try something like this out. He is located in Denver, so I had to fly out there to do sessions with him. He also has a massage therapist who does Mayan abdominal massage and amazing energy work, along w/ regular body massage, and an acupuncturist who works in conjuntion with his treatment sessions. He also has trained several practioners throughout the states who do this type of work.

Just wanting to share some additional options for women trying to conceive, even ones going the IVF route.

I've decided to skip IVF since I've done these in the past and find them to be very stressful, even mini-IVF, so I'm just doing natural cycles. It may not work out, but I know that I need to reduce my stress and most clinics wouldn't even take me at my age for an IVF cycle. I did cycle at Dr. Zhang's at New Hope years ago, and he completely missed my ovulation even when though we were using mini-stims. He never gave me Ganirelix to postpone ovulation, which was one of the main contributing factors. So, I spent a lot of money on meds, flight, hotel, not to mention part of his IVF procedure all to no avail because he missed my ovulation, which my hometown RE never missed because he always used Ganerilix as part of his IVF protocol prior to retrieval. Dr. Zhang didn't think the Ganerilix was neccessary since we were doing low stim. He later remarked that it would have been better if I had come in a day before for him to better assess my ovulation timeframe even though I was being closely monitored in my hometown and his staff coordinated my IVF schedule, including retrieval.

Best of luck to everyone!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses