question: natural vs. low stimApril 4 2012 at 2:29 AM
No score for this post
|BroodyHen (no login)|
hi ladies. i'm just looking for some input as i gear up for what will probably be my last cycle trying. or my last cycle with all the bells and whistles. i can't keep taking steroids, lovenox, ivig, etc... it is too risky, too expensive, just too much. i may keep trying naturally, but that seems moot due to the antiiphospholipid syndrome, clotting issues, nk cells, etc. without treatment, i think it is basically over.
my question - to stim or not to stim. i have a bunch of follistim in the fridge, so i'm ready to go. but i wonder if it is worth it to add more drugs into the ridiculous cocktail of chemicals i'm already soaking in. i read on this board a couple of weeks ago about how you need to stim for a certain minimum number of days for success. does this only apply if you are doing IVF? i should clarify that i would be doing low stim using follistim for TI. i have tried it 3 times - twice i got a lead follicle, and the last time i got 4 follicles in play but still a BFN. each time i started the follistim on day 2 or 3 and things went really quickly and i was triggering early like on day 8 or 9 = only 6 or 7 days of stims . i worry that accelerating my cycle so much can't be good. i normally would ovulate on day 12 or 13 (unless of course the progesterone support delays my cycle in which case i tend to get an early recruit and ovulate early).
what would you do? i tend to lean towards natural but i don't know what i'm doing! thanks in advance for any input. i really appreciate it.
It is risky - Kim on Apr 4, 2012, 12:28 PM
- I agree with Kim - Antonialisa on Apr 4, 2012, 5:43 PM
- antonialisa! - BroodyHen on Apr 5, 2012, 2:02 AM
- I'm not doing IVF (DE mentioned) - Antonialisa on Apr 5, 2012, 10:38 AM
- right. so is there any benefit to - BroodyHen on Apr 5, 2012, 1:58 AM
- I think gentle stimming could help the one egg.. - Kim on Apr 5, 2012, 9:35 AM
- Forgot to say - Kim on Apr 5, 2012, 9:37 AM
- Ch.eck's "tiny boost" protocol - Antonialisa on Apr 5, 2012, 10:50 AM
- Thanks for the input and wondering how you knew you have two follicles w/o monintoring - Kim on Apr 5, 2012, 12:15 PM
- My local gynaecologist monitored - Antonialisa on Apr 5, 2012, 1:18 PM
- thank you! - BroodyHen on Apr 7, 2012, 1:20 AM