Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Return to Index  

question: natural vs. low stim

April 4 2012 at 2:29 AM
No score for this post
BroodyHen  (no login)

hi ladies. i'm just looking for some input as i gear up for what will probably be my last cycle trying. or my last cycle with all the bells and whistles. i can't keep taking steroids, lovenox, ivig, etc... it is too risky, too expensive, just too much. i may keep trying naturally, but that seems moot due to the antiiphospholipid syndrome, clotting issues, nk cells, etc. without treatment, i think it is basically over.

my question - to stim or not to stim. i have a bunch of follistim in the fridge, so i'm ready to go. but i wonder if it is worth it to add more drugs into the ridiculous cocktail of chemicals i'm already soaking in. i read on this board a couple of weeks ago about how you need to stim for a certain minimum number of days for success. does this only apply if you are doing IVF? i should clarify that i would be doing low stim using follistim for TI. i have tried it 3 times - twice i got a lead follicle, and the last time i got 4 follicles in play but still a BFN. each time i started the follistim on day 2 or 3 and things went really quickly and i was triggering early like on day 8 or 9 = only 6 or 7 days of stims . i worry that accelerating my cycle so much can't be good. i normally would ovulate on day 12 or 13 (unless of course the progesterone support delays my cycle in which case i tend to get an early recruit and ovulate early).

what would you do? i tend to lean towards natural but i don't know what i'm doing! thanks in advance for any input. i really appreciate it.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement