Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Return to Index  

Don't Want to Give Up!

April 6 2012 at 11:22 AM
No score for this post
  (Login wannabmom)

Hello all - I am new to the site I have been ttc for almost 2 years. I am 43 years old and I've had 3 miscarriages - 2 chemical pregnancies and a loss at 8 weeks. I have done 4 insemination cycles with no luck (last mc was on the first IUI cycle). My doctor did a hysteroscopy last month and removed a polyp and scar tissue that were blocking the openings from my tubes. In my post-op meeting with my dr, she informed me of my high FSH levels and told me I have about a 5% chance of getting pregnant, and that she really didn't think the blockages were the issue. We cannot afford IVF or donor eggs because insurance will not cover it.

I have been trying to track my ovulation this month with OPKs and it's day 18 in my cycle. I have never been able to detect a positive LH surge on one of these tests before. Because of the IUI treatments and polyps, my cycles have been anywhere from 22-29 days so it's hard to know when I'm actually ovulating, if at all. I finally got a dark line on my OPK this morning but I am not sure if I am actually having my LH surge this late. I may be trying to read into a positive result but who knows....

We are trying on our own this month and will resume IUI treatments for the remaining 2 cycles our insurance covers.

If I am ovulating this late, I am thinking it's too late to get pregnant this time. Any thoughts?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement