Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Return to Index  

I have missed my surge when only testing 1x/day

April 7 2012 at 1:23 AM
No score for this post
RJH  (Login RJ0152)

Response to Don't Want to Give Up!

I would have actually missed it completely if I had not taken it at 12am on Christmas Evening this last Xmas. I had a negative surge at 9 AM on 12/23 and then a positive surge at 12 AM on 12/24. I took it at midnight because I felt ovulatory pains. The next morning it was negative again. I even used 2 separate tests from 2 different companies during this episode because I have a tendency to miss my surge as well. I think I'm just one of those gals that has a short surge timeframe and it is very easy for me to miss it. The only way I can tell is via charting body temp and CM changes, which is what I use as markers now because the surge kit thing doesn't work that well for me.

The other option is to use Ovidrel to induce ovulation once your follicles have reached a certain size and then plan to do the IUI following the Ovidrel injection. This might be a way to ensure you don't miss your ovulatory timeframe, even if you are just trying naturally. My cousin used this method even when she was just trying naturally once she stopped going the IVF and IUI route due to money constraints. Her RE was perfectly fine with that approach.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: I have missed my surge when only testing 1x/day - Julie on Apr 9, 8:48 AM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement