Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Return to Index  

My experience with Clomid

May 15 2012 at 12:10 PM
No score for this post
  (Login miraclex2)

Response to femara, clomid, testosterone, and a tiny boost

First of all, I think I am an good responder on Clomid, because I always respond with follicles and the side effects are small compared to lots of things I read - but it may also because I don't have period any more, so I just go by the estimated luteal phase no matter what.

Clomid definitely slows down the stim time for me. When on injectable FSH, my stim time is 6-10 days, anything below 8 days is definitely not good news, hence the horrible egg quality. When on Clomid, my stim duration is 9-15 days, I was a bit worried about being on it for 15 days, but my RE assured me that Clomid stim is typically longer and 15 days of stim is nothing to worry about. He said it is because Clomid induces my own body to manufacture FSH, and that process takes longer than injecting recombinant FSH directly. The exact chemical makeup of the two is not identical.

I haven't had a transfer so far, so I don't have the final verdict on the quality, but the fact that so many of my arrested embryos stopped at morula or beyond stage and I repetitively made highest grade blasts tells quite a bit compared to my embryos that died left and right at 2-4 cells on day 3 when I was on high dose recombinant FSH. Lab will have something to do with it, but my eggs still have to carry most of the weight. I also don't think it is a fluke, because I did 4 conventional cycles and 4 mini-cycles so far, so there is enough data point that I can use for comparison.

So apart from the lab, I think low-stim IVF has two legs: 1) low dose that minimizes aneuploidy 2) the addition of Femara or Clomid to induce one's body to manufacture natural FSH vs recombinant FSH

This message has been edited by miraclex2 on May 15, 2012 12:16 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses