My experience with ClomidMay 15 2012 at 12:10 PM
No score for this post
|MIR (Login miraclex2)|
Response to femara, clomid, testosterone, and a tiny boost
First of all, I think I am an good responder on Clomid, because I always respond with follicles and the side effects are small compared to lots of things I read - but it may also because I don't have period any more, so I just go by the estimated luteal phase no matter what.
Clomid definitely slows down the stim time for me. When on injectable FSH, my stim time is 6-10 days, anything below 8 days is definitely not good news, hence the horrible egg quality. When on Clomid, my stim duration is 9-15 days, I was a bit worried about being on it for 15 days, but my RE assured me that Clomid stim is typically longer and 15 days of stim is nothing to worry about. He said it is because Clomid induces my own body to manufacture FSH, and that process takes longer than injecting recombinant FSH directly. The exact chemical makeup of the two is not identical.
I haven't had a transfer so far, so I don't have the final verdict on the quality, but the fact that so many of my arrested embryos stopped at morula or beyond stage and I repetitively made highest grade blasts tells quite a bit compared to my embryos that died left and right at 2-4 cells on day 3 when I was on high dose recombinant FSH. Lab will have something to do with it, but my eggs still have to carry most of the weight. I also don't think it is a fluke, because I did 4 conventional cycles and 4 mini-cycles so far, so there is enough data point that I can use for comparison.
So apart from the lab, I think low-stim IVF has two legs: 1) low dose that minimizes aneuploidy 2) the addition of Femara or Clomid to induce one's body to manufacture natural FSH vs recombinant FSH
|This message has been edited by miraclex2 on May 15, 2012 12:16 PM|
Re: My experience with Clomid - Anonymous on May 15, 2012, 5:48 PM
- ooops! sorry, that was me above n/t - BroodyHen on May 15, 2012, 5:49 PM
- It depends on the individual - MIR on May 15, 2012, 8:23 PM
- thanks - BroodyHen on May 16, 2012, 10:49 AM
- Sorry, I was not clear - MIR on May 16, 2012, 12:24 PM
- thx for clarification and one more question - BroodyHen on May 17, 2012, 12:11 AM
- At my clinic, they count days taking Femara as part of stim days nt. - Anonymous on May 17, 2012, 1:03 PM
- thank you di_nyc! - BroodyHen on May 17, 2012, 6:38 PM
- Re: thank you di_nyc! - di_nyc on May 17, 2012, 6:51 PM
- Re: thank you di_nyc! - BroodyHen on May 20, 2012, 10:59 AM
- 75IU injectables per day - MIR on May 17, 2012, 7:33 PM
- thanks, MIR - BroodyHen on May 20, 2012, 11:00 AM