Re: Thanks BroodyHen and AnneMay 16 2012 at 11:07 AM
No score for this post
|BroodyHen (no login)|
Response to Thanks BroodyHen and Anne
what was your response when you tried higher stims before? how long ago was that? your previous response may be a good guide for you. MIR just said that less than 8 days of stims is bad, so do you think you'll make it that long? i honestly don't know if 300 vs 225 will make a huge difference. i never came close to 9 days of stims doing 225 or less. i'm hoping the addition of femara will make the difference - thank you so much for that suggestion, kim!!
so, i have gone against my RE's recommended protocol and done less stims without telling. i know it is wrong and probably a bad idea, but i don't really get any hand holding or ongoing support from the office so i feel like i have to be my own advocate. i probably shouldn't "recommend" that anyone else do the same, but obviously i don't think it is crazy to do what you are comfortable with. if you like your RE and have a good relationship, why not just ask if you can do 225 and discuss the options?
finally, what about trying clomid or femara to slow the cycle in the beginning? have you tried either?
- Ok so I did ask (child mentioned) - Kim on May 16, 12:46 PM
- just a couple things - anne on May 16, 5:08 PM
- Asked my GYN a couple of weeks ago - Kim on May 18, 11:33 AM
- sounds like a good plan - BroodyHen on May 17, 6:44 PM
- Thanks Anne and BroodyHen - Kim on May 18, 11:22 AM
- well best of luck and keep us posted! n/t - anne on May 23, 4:20 PM