Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor


 Return to Index  

Another Barge

May 17 2012 at 12:13 AM
No score for this post
LadyG  (no login)


Response to Tenacious B, I need input on genetic testing approaches

Having just been thru the decision of whether to freeze our 3 blasts and bank for future CCS testing with the next batch we learned the following:

*CCRM were not fond of the two time freezing and thawing, more because they have only done this about 25 times and do not have any long term data on whether this has any impact on babies born from such embryos

*They recommended freezing at day 3, then pooling that batch with the next by unfreezing the day 3 group and letting them all grow to blast together and testing the blasts that make it. They will not biopsy even on day 3 as one cell from an 8 cell embryo is 12% of that embryo - too stressful on the embryo for their liking. This still would involve freezing twice those that make it to blast from the first batch, which I forgot to ask them about, but I will inquire about that next time I speak with them.


 
Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses