Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Return to Index  

Re: femara and E2

May 26 2012 at 3:23 PM
No score for this post
Tripplebe  (Login Tripplebe)

Response to femara and E2

No additional P4 support. The hcg apparently helps the ruptured follicle produce better e2 and p4 on it's own.

I don't know why she has me taking the Femara all at once. I think maybe it has to do with trying to only recruit one mature egg as opposed to trying for two or three but I really don't know. The other reason might be in us older patients our e2 levels don't bounce back as quick from Femara as maybe somebody younger. Since I've been on Femara she hasn't tested my E2 levels near O but I'm pretty sure they are low. CM is next to almost always non-existent. She recently switched me from cd 3 to cd 2 for taking the Femara. Which is another reason I think it has to do with low estrogen.

I forgot to mention this earlier but along with the Femara she has instructed me to take Mucinex cd 6 thru O. She has also prescribed Amoxil which is suppose to help CM but I stopped taking it because I really didn't see an improvement and it was making me feel under the weather.

Spreading the hcg out is just to keep my P4 high enough through implantation. I read in the Napro book that depending on the type of deficiency you have you might only take it on days 3 and 5 dpo. Some start taking it later. My numbers are low to begin with and drop off drastically at 7 dpo.

I did femara with an IVF cycle once. It was a while ago but I think it took 5mg a day over a couple of days and then added in 600iu of follistim. My estrogen stalled at 400 with four folicles. Lowest my estrogen has ever been on a full-stim IVF. Everything ended up being inmature. Not a protocol I would use for IVF again.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. thanks, tripplebe n/t - BroodyHen on May 28, 5:30 PM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement