Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Return to Index  

Please help me with your opinion about this protocol going forward.

May 29 2012 at 7:48 PM
No score for this post
SillyPuppy  (no login)

Today is CD 8. I am on my 6th dose of 150 IUs of Menopur. I finished the last dose of Femara 7.5 mg (cd3-7) yesterday on cd. When I went into for a scan on CD 3 I had 3 follicles. Today on CD 8 I still only have 3 follicles the largest follicle is 14. They told me to continue taking the Menopur through Thursday and do a trigger on Friday. IUI would be Saturday.

Since I am supposed to do an IUI this cycle, I think my RE was a little disappointed I didn't have more follicles from this protocol. She feels like I did just as well on the Femara alone two cycles prior.

The month I did Femara only (7.5 mg-- cd3-7) I also had 3 follicles: 17, 16, and 21. These were measured on CD 10 and I was told to trigger that same day and we did TI over the course of the next few days.

Of course that cycle was a bust as I ended up with a killer UTI.

The cycle AFTER this I O'd later than usual, my period started three days later than usual and it appears that I O'd off my Left ovary which I normally do not ovulate off of.

When I took NO MEDS AT ALL I was showing 8 small follicles on CD 3. I have no idea what happened to them over the course of the next few days.

I ovulate monthly and show highs and peaks on the CBFM. I also show peaks on the CB digital. My temps correspond to this as well.

My husband has no issues with sperm at all.

My questions are:

1) is an IUI pointless (her theory is that it puts the sperm closer to the place it needs to be. She had hoped I would have more follicles and increase possible number of eggs

2) she thought in the future I would respond better to Femara only as it seemed I had just about the same result with Femara AND Menopur. She didn't seem to suggest other injectibles.

3) If I had 8 follicles with no meds am I making things worse with meds or is this protocol not correct?

Thanks for any insight you are willing to give.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses