Could be IVMJune 7 2012 at 2:24 PM
No score for this post
|Antonialisa (no login)|
Response to My last RE was a specialist in preserving fertility in cancer patients
Maybe she did IVM?
With In Vitro Maturation, women do NOT do any stims, but rather antral follicles are harvested, I think around day 3. Then they mature the eggs in vitro right until ovulation, do fertilization in vitro then implant, just like regular IVF. They will only do this if you have 15-20 antral follicle count or greater, so it is not something you hear about on these boards. It is growing in popularity, although it is a more invasive to get the eggs in the antral follicle form than once they are mature. But it is perfect for women who can't take the meds.
- IVM can be done any day of the cycle after CD3 - MIR on Jun 7, 3:00 PM
- barge with a question - Jainee on Jun 7, 3:54 PM
- antral number is not the key - MIR on Jun 7, 6:03 PM
- Barge to MIR? - lucy999 on Jun 7, 7:20 PM
- They don't offer IVM as a service, it is a rescue approach - MIR on Jun 7, 7:34 PM
- Thanks MIR (DD ment) - lucy999 on Jun 8, 12:25 PM
- IVM at McGill University - Antonialisa on Jun 10, 10:06 AM