Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Return to Index  

my experience (dd, pg ment)

June 13 2012 at 4:37 PM
No score for this post
jkl  (no login)

Response to Have you changed your lifestyle completely?

I say do what makes you happy. I was on this journey for 4 years and tried everything. It made me truly miserable, especially the caffeine and alcohol restrictions. So basically I had no natural pregnancies for 4 yrs and finally had success on an IUI. My dd is now 22 mo and since she was born I have been living it up with alcohol and caffeine (because I felt deprived for so long), I have eaten moderately well, and I have exercised a lot because that makes me feel good. I also always took a multivitamin (one a day). We were trying sort of half heartedly but I was truly shocked 11 wks ago to get a natural bfp at almost 42.

So I think it is more important that you are happy and don't feel deprived than anything the supplements or restrictions can ever do for you. Easy advice from my position, and I probably wouldn't have taken it a couple years ago but there it is.

So far everything looks good, we have an u/s next week that I am very nervous about but certainly I have seen lots of healthy live babies born to over 40s here. Good luck to everyone here, I know how hard it is to face infertility but to have to give up some very enjoyable parts of life seemed so unfair to me.

Also, I think there is part of us that believes that if we truly suffer, we will be rewarded with a baby (at least that was part of my thoughts). Obviously this is irrational and if you are truly suffering that may inhibit your chances even more.

just my 0.02

jkl

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses