June cycle results = no CGH normalJune 18 2012 at 4:03 PM
No score for this post
|TenaciousB (no login)|
Dear sweet ladies,
If you recall from my previos posting of May 7, I currently have one CGH normal blast and one inconclusive blast vitrified from banking cycles w/ Dr. T.
After much debate, I decided to do another collection cycle this month in search of another normal before moving forward w/depot lupron lining treatment & FET. FYI: The doc has quoted 40% success rate per CGH normal embie for ladies my age. Now I am 44 & 2 months old, so time is of the essence.
This June cycle (same protocol of saizen + lowish stim antagonist.) was initially looking very promising with 12 follicles in the running, 10 eggs retrieved, but the 4 embies that achieved growth parameters for biopsy were found to be abnormal (& discarded). Two additional embies were too slow-growing to be biopsied, but the are being watched in the lab & I'll find out on Wednesday if those make it to blast/freeze. They're "grade 1" (little to no frag), so you never know.
Curiously, my fert rate this cycle was only 60%, compared to 100% for the previous two cycles on the same protocol.
So again I'm at a crossroads. Should I keep retrieving, since I'm responding well to stims (plenty quality embies, though not necessarily genetically competant)? It's a crap shoot.
Maybe I'm just feeling down from the test results, but additional cycles seem like overkill right now.
Any thoughts, advice, words of wisdom are most welcome! Thanks so much for your support.
- i'm sorry - anne on Jun 18, 4:46 PM
- I am so sorry to hear - Jamie on Jun 18, 6:47 PM
- Agree - snowbank03 on Jun 18, 8:45 PM
- If you are not going to be financially stretched - MIR on Jun 18, 11:24 PM
- Word - Anonymous on Jun 19, 9:31 AM
- Above was fom me - TenaciousB on Jun 19, 9:40 AM
- Thanks for the pep talk, ladies :) - TenaciousB on Jun 19, 9:29 AM
- Here is an inspirational example that you need - MIR on Jun 19, 6:16 PM
- Great story! - TenaciousB on Jun 20, 11:02 AM
- Re: June cycle results = no CGH normal - Anonymous on Jun 25, 3:23 PM
- Yes, it's staggered IVF (BFN mentioned) - Anonymous on Jun 26, 4:22 PM
- Above was from me, not anon - TenaciousB on Jun 26, 4:23 PM