Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Return to Index  

I adopted, but think you pass on something by carrying (child ment)

June 19 2012 at 8:11 PM
No score for this post
kfx216  (no login)

Response to Here is what I worry about if I do DE (everything ment)

I have 1 bio and 1 adopted can say that I don't love either of my kids more than the other. My kids are now 7 and 2.

Although DE wasn't for me - I had started the adoption process when I got bfp with my older DD at 40.5 - having gone the gestational surro route for #2 before adoption, I will say that I do believe that whomever carries a child have some degree of genetic influence. It was definitely a concern for me with the surro I used given she had some pretty major genetic issues in her family. I don't think we truly know how genes can be switched on/off and/or influenced in utero (and beyond). So from that standpoint, I totally believe you WILL impact your child simply by carrying. Of course, the issues you raise with having 1 bio and 1 DE are legit. There are women on the pink board who are in a similar situation and whom I'm sure will speak to you about that.

I also understand completely the drive to carry a child and give birth. But for those open to it, adoption can be a wonderful option. My younger DD is a dream. It is an open adoption and her birth parents are fantastic. I read Spirit Babies and truly believe my DD (or her birth mom) heard my cry and came to me. I also have friends who have adopted from foreign countries and others from the foster care system - it's whatever feels right to you.

Best to you and all on this board.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement