Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Return to Index  

New here and rambling...another try w OE/DE? (many losses, child ment)

June 25 2012 at 1:02 AM
No score for this post
  (Login desperate4no2)

Hi, I just had my 2nd IVF and after the CGH results and my 5 m/c over the past 5 years, I am finally processing the fact that I may need to consider DE. I just had my transfer yesterday, but the CGH results were so bad--NO normals, all 10 eggs had issues, most "complex abnormal" and they transferred the one monosomy 15, even though it's very, very unlikely to be normal. I believe the quote was "they are almost always abnormal".

I guess I was just in a completely naive-place all these years of trying (and looking back,why didn't I move on to IVF sooner??!). I always have high amount of follicles (PCOS), FSH 18 mos ago was 7, I respond well to the meds, have reg periods and usually have good results from the retrieval as far as no of mature eggs and fert rate etc.. The CGH was very eye-opening and made me realize that that plus my 5 m/c are not normal, ratio-wise, even for AMA.

The 'slap in the face' I got yesterday either took the hope out of my sails or slapped some sense into me, I'm not sure which. DH is deflated, but has some hope that we can still do it, he feels it is a numbers game-- the emotional cost of trying OE again may be tough to muster for me and also the cost! We have been out of pocket for these 2.5 years of fertility bills and I just think that cutting to the higher-result possibility may be the way to go. I am feeling desperate, I guess! I am not sure what I'm looking for, maybe hope or support or just being around other women with similar struggles may be helpful to me. All of my friends who battled IF, have had their babies already and I'm running out of support systems (although, 3 of them had 'oops' babies after they got their IVF babies!)

Thanks for listening, I am all over the place right now....

Me: 41 PCOS (treated with Met), heterozygous MTHFR and bad eggs apparently, immunology reports=normal
DH: 46, everything OK
4 yo DD

Dx'd pcos at age 35
I missed m/c at age 36
1 clomid CP at age 36
2nd round clomid at age 37= dd, now 4
TTC on our own at 38 for 6 mos
Started clomid again at 38.5 yrs, for several cycles, then added clomid + inject at 39
all in all, 10 clomid (2 with inject added) cycles = 9 bfn's and 1 more m/c
Consult with Dr Zouves at age 41, seems hopeful re: my AFC and response to stims, all immunology seems normal, but treating me for RPL with aspirin, lovenox and intralipids
IVF #1 at 41 w Antagon protocol (20 follies, 18 eggs, all mature, 14 fert. PGS= 4 normals/4 swings) all 4 normals tfer'd =CP
FET #1 4/2012 t-fer'ed 2 expanded blasts "swing" embryos = CP
IVF #2 6/2012 20 follicles, 13 eggs, 10 fertilized. After CGH- NO normals! One monosomy 15 embryo transferred, but low to no hope
I'm considering DE, Dh may want to push for another IVF with my eggs

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses