Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Return to Index  

MIR and Jamie - question about Mosaicism

June 26 2012 at 3:43 PM
No score for this post
alima  (Login alima1)

Do you know anything about mosaicism? Apparently it is when a cell is tested and shows up abnormal but then corrects itself in the process of growing and dividing? I heard it could be on the order of about 30% so that means that even if the embryo tested abnormal, about 30% of the time it could be normal. I think this might only happen with PGD embryos but not sure. In this case, it seems like even if you test abnormal, you may still want to transfer these, right?

MIR, in your post below, you mention lower pregnancy rates for PGD embryos. Is this because these embryos arrest before day 5? If they make it to blast and test normal, are there still reduced pregnancy rates? When you say reduced, do you mean that they have a lower rate of implantation than an untested blast?

Also, MIR, do you have an email - I have some questions about the surrogacy process.

This message has been edited by alima1 on Jun 26, 2012 4:48 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: MIR and Jamie - question about Mosaicism - Anonymous on Jun 26, 5:45 PM
  3. mosaicism is why I would prefer day 5 chromosomal testing - Jamie on Jun 26, 6:09 PM
    1. Re: mosaicism is why I would prefer day 5 chromosomal testing - ajc on Jun 26, 10:28 PM
      1. Re: mosaicism is why I would prefer day 5 chromosomal testing - alima on Jun 26, 10:34 PM
        1. Re: mosaicism is why I would prefer day 5 chromosomal testing - Anonymous on Jun 27, 11:47 AM

4. read this - MIR on Jun 26, 8:59 PM
    1. two REs discouraged me from doing genetic testing - MIR on Jun 26, 9:33 PM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement