Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Return to Index  

AMH level can DEFINITELY vary. I am proof.

June 28 2012 at 4:14 PM
No score for this post
ChickenLittle  (no login)

Hi ladies! I know there's been some agonizing over AMH levels as the new "definitive standard" of ovarian reserve, with the American metric of AMH level 1-3 considered good (below 1 is considered sub-fertile ovarian reserve, and above 3 as possible PCOS).

REs are currently viewing AMH as a much more reliable measure of ovarian reserve (along with an ultrasound AFC--antral follicle count) than the Day 3 FSH level, which, as most of us know, can vary tremendously from month to month. AFC, they think, doesn't vary nearly as much as FSH, and, they think, it will only go down over time as a woman's fertility wanes with age.

WELLLLLLLLLLL, from my own experience, this is not true. I had the test done four times, at the same hospital, shipping the blood out to the same Quest lab. Here are my results:

October 2010, Age 42.5: 1
March 2011, Age 43, one month after a failed round of IVF/ICSI: minus .16 (ie, menopausal
August 2011, Age almost 43.5: .50
June 2012, Age 44.3 (ai yi yi!): .65

No, this is not a series of typos. My AMH plummeted within six months (due to IVF hormone shifts, I assume) , then crawled back up over the past year-plus. Go figure. Granted, .65 is not an encouraging AMH level, but I am TTC naturally at this point, and don't need to meet a particular AMH level to, say, get approved for OE IVF or whatever.

As has been pointed out, the test is NOT yet FDA approved, and one TTC scientist on these boards said the test is even regarded as "cowboy science"--ie, not exactly viewed at 100% legit within the scientific community.

Anyway...just food for thought. As we've seen over and over and over again, you can't always trust the tests--or what they suggest as far as your reproductive prospects.

Best of luck to you all! xoxox Chix happy.gif

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement