Postings about donating, selling or re-selling any drugs are not allowed on this board. Thank you for your cooperation. Anyone who posts about donating, buying or selling drugs will be banned from this board. If you need to contact the board monitor send an email message to: Over 40 High FSH Board Monitor

Return to Index  

Re: Thanks....still deciding (preg ment.)

July 15 2012 at 12:35 PM
No score for this post
BroodyHen  (no login)

Response to Thanks....still deciding (preg ment.)

thanks, kim. i don't remember how long it took to get the results and consult with the b.eer center. i suggest you try to go ahead and get an appointment with dr. s.tricker in anticipation of when your results will be in. the staff is actually really helpful and smart and you should feel free to talk with them candidly about your goals. i know exactly what you mean about not wanting to lose a cycle, but their reply will be about how you don't want to risk another failed cycle that was doomed because of immune issues. i actually did, much to my dismay, pass on 2 or 3 cycles when i was getting the testing done with them. but i already knew something was going on with me from testing i insisted on with my RE (antiphospholipid antibodies, anti-gluten antibodies...). i guess you just have to decide how great you think the risk is that you'll get pregnant and lose it to an immune response. you can always quickly jump into immune treatment if you get pregnant, but i think they think that the treatments have greater effect if they are initiated prior to conception.

as for the endometrial testing, the b.eer center will really want you to do it with them to test for the NKs in the uterus. they test for NKs in both the blood and the uterus and then in the lab they test the endometrial cells' reponse to IVIG to see if it will be an effective treatment for you. the kliman endometrial test i really don't know much about. i posted a link to some details here. but my thought is that if you are getting endo samples, you might as well get some for both labs and test for both. they are testing for completely different things. i wished i had known about the endometrial function testing so i could have done that at the same time. poke around on the donor egg board, the links i posted, and google yale and kliman and you should be able to find out about the test. i have no idea what it costs or how long it takes. but again, if by chance you have an issue with endometrial receptivity that can be treated i think it would be worth knowing about.

what a lot to deal with! i was in the same boat, wanting to make sure i covered all the bases before giving up. i guess the best advice i can give is to stick with it so you won't have any regrets. a lot of women have success when they diagnose the immune stuff. oh, and if you haven't already you can check out the yahoo reproductive immune group. another great resource.

good luck, kim!!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

• Thanks - Kim on Jul 15, 2012, 4:31 PM
    • Re: Thanks - BroodyHen on Jul 15, 2012, 5:26 PM
      • Yes - Kim on Jul 15, 2012, 9:35 PM
        • Re: Yes - BroodyHen on Jul 18, 2012, 11:42 AM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement